"Prizren, Kosovo" Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren by shrimp56

Prizren Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 226 photos

My husband visited Prizren and the surrounding region with a group from the Pristina University summer school.
It is a town with 70,000 inhabitants and is considered one of the most beautiful towns in Kosovo. The Bistrica River flows through the middle of the town. Historically it was a center of trade on the route to the Adriatic.

On the road to Prizren

This view, taken through the bus window, gives some idea of the natural beauty of this area.

• Last visit to Prizren: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Hi, Sally! Thanks for your page! ><><><><><

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2006 at 9:52 AM

A fascinating page! I would like to visit Prizren, may be next summer, but I must check which is the safest route and if visiting Prizren itself is safe. If not, that will be later!

• Kosovka's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 1:52 PM

You're right Sally, Prizren is the most beautiful town in Kosovo! Anyway, great pictures of my hometown! Like Prizrenac below said, it's nice to see at least pictures!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 8:50 AM

Fascinating look at this region of Kosovo.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2003 at 3:02 PM

Brilliant page - didn't know this region is so beautiful. Hope the remove the landmines very soon

• Sep 4, 2003 at 3:42 PM

Thankds for the lovely pics from my beloved hometown Prizren. I haven´t been there for 4 years as our family was forced out during the war. I do miss my home town very much but Prizren pics soothe my nostalgia. Thanx.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 12:23 PM

Great pictures, Sally. "I am Kosovo" is a good sign- it makes people talk about it.

• dabuwan's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 12:59 PM

Excellent page. I really like your pics and writing. I'm just back from Albania and Montenegro. Next time I'll visit Kosovo for sure. I love the Balkan area.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 7:58 AM

an interesting page and great pics, Sally !

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2003 at 2:26 PM

Very interesting area, page, architecture, people and a very complicated history! Are the landmines always marked there?

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Prizren

Have you been to Prizren?

Latest Activity in Prizren