Galicnik Things to Do Tips by shrimp56
Galicnik Things to Do: 10 reviews and 19 photos
When attending the Galicnik Wedding it was difficult to select a location as you couldn't see it all from one spot. We missed a lot of the action, but we were fortunate in that we could see the dancing fairly well.
You can see the stairway to the church. When we walked by we were able to look in, but our group decided to move further down to get a better view of the whole area.
You can see the musicians playing to the audience:) At some distance behind them are the stairs to the church.
I was fortunate to get this close before the police shooed me up to the ampitheatre. You can see the traditional costumes worn for this event.
Be sure to position yourself as best as you can to see the dancers and musicians. The amplification system isn't all that great -- so seeing is very important.
The drum is called a 'tapan'.
The "teshkoto" or "the difficult one" - an excrutiatingly slow dance representing the course of Macedonian history. VERY difficult to perform.
shrimp56's Related Pages
Galicnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galichnik Wedding"
- "Galicnik in the Spring"
- "Galicnik - wedding village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galicnik
- Transportation in Galicnik
- Restaurants in Galicnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Galicnik
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Galicnik
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Galicnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galicnik
Photos in GalicnikSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 380 reviews, 740 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 189 reviews, 295 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos