"Matka Canyon" Top 5 Page for this destination Matka by shrimp56
Matka Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 147 photos
The beautiful lake at Matka was formed by the hydroelectric dam on the Treska River. It is a popular place in summer for swimming, hiking and boating. .
There is also a restaurant there where you can eat and drink while you are enjoying the view.
It is an 45 minute drive from Skopje and then an easy walk up to the lake and the restaurant.
As with most beautiful locations in Macedonia there is a monastery church, Sveti Andreij. The monks sure knew how to pick their spots! It provides a cool respite when it's hot outside!
These pictures were taken in 1998, 1999 and 2000.
I like the walk in from where you've parked the car alongside the river and up to the dam. Then the lake itself. There... more travel advice
The path up to the lake follows along the Treska river. There are sometimes kayak races there. People swim also, but... more travel advice
shrimp56's Related Pages
Matka Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Matka
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Matka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matka
Photos in MatkaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 747 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos