"Pecs, Hungary: A Great Place to Visit!" Pecs by shrimp56
Pecs Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 806 photos
The city of Pecs is 3 hours southwest of Budapest. The beautiful and historic city lies in the Mescek hills near the border with Croatia. Pecs has a very attractive historic core, with a medieval bastion, a romanesque-style cathedral and several interesting museums.
South of Pecs is Mariagyud -- a "healing" church, a sculpture park, the wine district [and cellars] of Villany and a medieval castle on a "siklo" [slippery hill] nearby.
Please visit my Siklos and Villany pages.
Information about PAPRIKA is on my Hungary page!
The courtyard inside the shopping center continues the postmodern theme with a sculpture consisting of a pile of rocks... more travel advice
These are beautiful hills which lie at the edge of Pecs. On one of the hills is a TV tower which you can go up. All you... more travel advice
shrimp56's Related Pages
Pecs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "city at foot of Mecsek hill and Baranya capital"
- "A true, historic, European city!"
- " Pécs, my beautiful home town "
- "The Turkish South"
- "Pécs European Capital of Culture 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pecs
- Hotels in Pecs
- Transportation in Pecs
- Nightlife in Pecs
- Restaurants in Pecs
- Shopping in Pecs
- Warnings and Dangers in Pecs
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pecs
- 25 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 49 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Pecs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pecs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 380 reviews, 740 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 189 reviews, 295 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos