"The Castle at Siklos" Siklos by shrimp56
Siklos Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
I have been told that Siklos means "slippery hill." In the current case it is the name of a small town in southern Hungary, very near Pecs and the Croatian border. And visible from everywhere is a hill with a flat top "crowned" with a small medieval castle!
There is very little about this castle available, but I *think* it is 13th century. It makes part of the full day trip I suggest on my Pecs page, which also includes Mariaygud and Villany.
The best way to get to Siklos is by car. As you drive through the small town you can see the castle on the only hill... more travel advice
shrimp56's Related Pages
Siklos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Castle at Siklos"
- "Fortress of Siklos"
- "A little city in Southern Hungary"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siklos
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Siklos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siklos
Photos in SiklosSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 747 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos