Vienna Transportation Tips by shrimp56
Vienna Transportation: 535 reviews and 736 photos
The Vienna Airport is very modern and served by many major carriers, including Austrian Airlines. [They now have a direct flight from Chicago!]
Vienna is 5 hours by train from Prague and 3 hours by train from Budapest.
The U-bahn [or metro] system is fast and efficient. One of the best touristic things to do is to ride the #1 tram that circles the Ringstrasse. It's cheaper than a bus tour and you see a LOT!
More Reviews (25)
shrimp56's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 26 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "No waltzing now -- I am eating a Sachertorte!"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: worried about (a) VT..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Belvedere [Upper & Lower]"
- Commented on one of globetrott's Vienna travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hundterwasser House about Hundertwasser in Vienna Off The Beaten Path
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 747 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos
- Schönbrunn Palace- 304 Reviews, 624 Photos
- Belvedere Palace & Gardens- 180 Reviews, 345 Photos
- Hofburg Palace Complex- 264 Reviews, 587 Photos
- Stephansdom - St. Stephen's Cathedral- 256 Reviews, 533 Photos
- Wiener Staatsoper - State Opera House- 104 Reviews, 194 Photos
- Karlskirche - St Charles Church- 100 Reviews, 188 Photos
- Kunsthistorisches Museum - Art History Museum- 125 Reviews, 364 Photos
- Wiener Riesenrad - Giant Ferris Wheel- 68 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Hundertwasserhaus- 130 Reviews, 273 Photos
- Grinzing- 15 Reviews, 30 Photos
See All Vienna Things to Do