"Highland Games, Stone Circles, Castles & Friends!" Aberdeen by shrimp56
Aberdeen Travel Guide: 499 reviews and 921 photos
The Lonach Highland Games are held every year on the fourth Saturday in August. See the tips for more information!
I have moved my Fyvie Castle information and tips to this page to make them more available. Please check "off the beaten path" and the restaurant tips.
Please also see my Pennan page for more information about sights in Aberdeenshire.
It is good friends that have drawn us to Aberdeen and in those visits we have learned that the region has much more to offer than being the jumping off point for the Northsea oilfields.
On my husband's last visit he was treated to the Lonach as well as a variety of stone circle sites!
The region in the Grampian Highlands contains many ancient sites, including stone circles such as this Daviot cemetary circle.
Please see my tips for more pictures and information.
- Pros:Plenty to see in the surrounding area plus super people!
Another picture of the Daviot recumbent stone circle looking out over the Aberdeenshire landscape. My apologies for the... more travel advice
Castles are expensive to maintain as you can imagine. The oldest part of Fyvie Castle dates from the 13th century. The... more travel advice
shrimp56's Related Pages
Aberdeen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Granite City"
- "Aberdeen - The Granite City"
- "about time..."
- "Aberdeen, A great base to see the Grampians"
- "Highland Games, Stone Circles, Castles & Friends!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aberdeen
- Hotels in Aberdeen
- Transportation in Aberdeen
- Nightlife in Aberdeen
- Restaurants in Aberdeen
- Shopping in Aberdeen
- Warnings and Dangers in Aberdeen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aberdeen
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Aberdeen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aberdeen
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: worried about (a) VT..."
- Commented on one of tini58de's Aberdeen travel pages
- Wrote a Review Daviot recumbent Stone Circle in Aberdeen Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Daviot recumbent Stone Circle"
- updated a Aberdeen Travel Page "Highland Games, Stone Circles, Castles & Friends!"
Photos in AberdeenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 747 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos