"A Personal London" London by shrimp56

London Travel Guide: 23,502 reviews and 49,605 photos

With Love to London

*** March 2013: If you want to see the ICE AGE SHOW at the BRITISH MUSEUM I STRONGLY recommend reserving online before you get there. At least for the next month or so.***
-----------------------------------
London is one of those cities that has something for everyone -- no one page can capture the "essence", because it shifts with age, interests and season.
The "essence" of London for me on several recent trips was the new central court at the British Museum - the resurrection of a long-lost space and its metamorphosis into the best that Britain can be -- honoring the past with a forward look! As you come into the museum from the main entrance on Great Russell St., you see light ahead drawing you into the newly opened space. Don't resist:)
Please visit my travelogues on my
CANTERBURY, STONEHENGE & BATH pages!

• Last visit to London: Mar 2013
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2013

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Beautiful Photo of St Pauls, from the Modern Tate- other delightful memory joggers ;-)))

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Hi Sally, I’m glad to see you had another visit to London last June. Now that you mention it, I have never seen the Thames Barrier, though I’m sure it is very unusual and worth looking at. I haven’t been back to London since my daughter’s graduation, but hope to go again sometime soon. Supposedly there will be a direct ICE train from Frankfurt to London one of these years.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 11:06 AM

Excellent views on London - Thx for sharing and greetz from Belgium

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 9:40 PM

St Martin-in-the-Fields is just beautiful. We have some of the old bells I'm told in our Swan Bell Tower here in Perth. Just love the ceiling in this church. Thanx for sharing. Greetings from Australia and me!

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2005 at 5:50 AM

You have managed to see a lot of places in London that most visitors pass by, very well done Sally, i love the photo of Big Ben with the London eye in the background,

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 11:30 PM

an interesting page and great pics, Sally ! my favorite pic is "Little Venice " !

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2005 at 4:18 AM

I agree The Tower of London is a great place for history Good page

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 5:40 PM

love the interior shot of St.. Martins!

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2004 at 10:13 AM

Nice page Sally :)

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 10:16 AM

Thanks for the tips, especially links to sites I didn't have yet (Hampton Court, London Footprints). St. Margaret's looks like a great place to stay.

shrimp56 Visits Here Frequently!

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in London