"Mnogu ja sakam Makedonjia!" Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia by shrimp56

FYR of Macedonia Travel Guide: 3,232 reviews and 11,694 photos

Makedonija is my heart -- after eight visits my friends in Macedonia call me "pola makedonka" -- when they're not calling me "luda amerikanka"!
The picture above is from the side of Marko Monastery Church outside Skopje.

A Sad Day for All Citizens of Macedonia

President of the Republic of Macedonia, Boris Trajkovski died 26 February 2003 in a plane crash in Bosnia. He was on his way to an economic conference in Mostar when his plane crashed in the mountains. He had been president of the Republic of Macedonia since 1999.
Our condolences to the citizens of Macedonia for their loss.

August 2, 2003: 100 year anniversay of Ilinden Uprising.
Please visit my SKOPJE page!
With the new database I have added a number of locations in Macedonia -- I hope you enjoy visiting them as much as I did!

• Pros:The people, the history, the food, the drink, the scenery ...
  • Cons:The economy, the ongoing ethnic tensions ...
  • In a nutshell:GO and prepare to fall in love:)
  • Last visit to FYR of Macedonia: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2004

• elgin99's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 8:06 AM

Hi Sally, now I was not prepared... lol, but I'm happy about that fact. I had a look into your wonderful pages. So much, so nice.. Thanks, I'll start now with mine. Bye!

• picek's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 3:45 AM

Lately, we have seen so many tourists comming to Sv. Jovan Bigorski dressed like in discotheque. It seems times of grace are over forever. Really pity.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 5:46 AM

I enjoyed your Macedonian pages, hope that next time you visit your friends you will have the chance to cross the border and see some beautiful places in Bulgaria too.

• diver-x's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 7:43 PM

Very interesting pages! Your love for this place really comes out! Looks wonderful and the food looks delicious too! Thanks!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 8:36 AM

Superb page with splendid photos. You are lucky to have tasted home made cooking. In every country, it is always the best !

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 4:35 AM

nice pix and tips.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 8:41 AM

Enjoyed this page Sally! Thanks for telling me about it, I see why you love it so!!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2003 at 3:06 AM

The pastrmka sounds delicous!! It must be quite an honor to be chosen as the Galicnik Wedding couple!! Wonderful travelogues! I love the area around the Monastery!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2003 at 4:54 AM

Very interesting page with amazing pics of old, beautiful churches! I visited only Skopje and Bitola + a few small mountain villages but I'd like to go to Ohrid Lake now :-)))

• badamcevski's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2003 at 4:06 AM

You aren't "pola Makedonka" you are 100% Makedonka...

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in FYR of Macedonia

Have you been to FYR of Macedonia?

Latest Activity in FYR of Macedonia