Paris Warnings Or Dangers Tips by shrimp56 Top 5 Page for this destination
Paris Warnings and Dangers: 846 reviews and 499 photos
Only to use if someone falls on the tracks
Recent visitors to Paris will note the appearance of these "in case of emergency break glass" things. They are to meet a very specific need. The rough translation is "In case of someone falling on the track" -- what happens if you pull the handle inside is that it stops the power to the third rail for that side of the platform. It continues "and in this case alone ... all abuse will be punished"
I asked a friend of mine resident in Paris what was up and he said that there are often train stoppages from people committing suicide on the tracks, so these were installed.
I nearly got "hit" on the infamous metro line 1.
A group of young girls pushed on with me. I didn't pay much attention as I have my major valuables under my clothes and I hold my purse close to me -- but these little hands managed to get the top zipper half open before I sensed something and pulled away. They wouldn't have gotten much at all, but it was a jolt to have been "hit".
More Reviews (379)
- See All Attractive and Well-run - *15
- See All Authentic Breton Galettes
- See All Sainte-Clotilde
- See All Art is Paris -- Paris is Art
- See All Musée Cernuschi: Asian Arts/City of...
shrimp56's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "JE SUIS CHARLIE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 381 Reviews
- 743 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 180 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Wrote a Review Attractive and Well-run - *15 in Paris Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Attractive and Well-run - *15"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: worried about (a) VT..."
- Commented on one of shrimp56's Paris tips
- updated a Paris Travel Page "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- Uploaded a Video to Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (743)
Videos in ParisSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 744 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos
- Eiffel Tower- 820 Reviews, 1,429 Photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 594 Reviews, 1,074 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 652 Reviews, 1,336 Photos
- Louvre- 790 Reviews, 1,576 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 439 Reviews, 771 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 274 Reviews, 553 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 96 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 166 Reviews, 319 Photos
- Catacombes- 55 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Jardins du Luxembourg- 116 Reviews, 279 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do