Paris Warnings Or Dangers Tips by shrimp56 Top 5 Page for this destination
Paris Warnings and Dangers: 854 reviews and 501 photos
Only to use if someone falls on the tracks
Recent visitors to Paris will note the appearance of these "in case of emergency break glass" things. They are to meet a very specific need. The rough translation is "In case of someone falling on the track" -- what happens if you pull the handle inside is that it stops the power to the third rail for that side of the platform. It continues "and in this case alone ... all abuse will be punished"
I asked a friend of mine resident in Paris what was up and he said that there are often train stoppages from people committing suicide on the tracks, so these were installed.
I nearly got "hit" on the infamous metro line 1.
A group of young girls pushed on with me. I didn't pay much attention as I have my major valuables under my clothes and I hold my purse close to me -- but these little hands managed to get the top zipper half open before I sensed something and pulled away. They wouldn't have gotten much at all, but it was a jolt to have been "hit".
More Reviews (379)
- See All Attractive and Well-run - *15
- See All Authentic Breton Galettes
- See All Sainte-Clotilde
- See All Art is Paris -- Paris is Art
- See All Musée Cernuschi: Asian Arts/City of...
shrimp56's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 381 Reviews
- 743 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 180 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Wrote a Review Attractive and Well-run - *15 in Paris Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Attractive and Well-run - *15"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: worried about (a) VT..."
- Commented on one of shrimp56's Paris tips
- updated a Paris Travel Page "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- Uploaded a Video to Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (743)
Videos in ParisSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 744 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos
- Eiffel Tower- 601 Reviews, 1,081 Photos
- Louvre- 797 Reviews, 1,590 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 655 Reviews, 1,345 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 402 Reviews, 710 Photos
- Montmartre Area- 213 Reviews, 410 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 168 Reviews, 326 Photos
- Musee d'Orsay- 273 Reviews, 559 Photos
- Catacombs- 56 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 146 Reviews, 360 Photos
- Champs-Elysées- 167 Reviews, 282 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do