"A Wedding in Pecs, Hungary" shrimp56's Profile
'Tis the wedding season in our extended family. Just back from Pecs, Hungary, which is still just as beautiful, if not more so. Then in December off to Skopje, Macedonia. Then all our "eurokids" will be married. PHEW
Back from Skopje and Vienna and about to head out for a Holiday cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. Yep, another 'dam ship.
Updates coming for Skopje and Vienna.
Just home from a cruise on the Eurodam RT from Amsterdam to Norway. Finished with a few days in Paris.
Mid-June 2013 cruise on the Veendam to New England and Canada.
Wedding in Skopje, MK in December
Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Century in February
Mediterranean Tapestry cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam in June
Japan, but especially Kyoto, have been on my bucket-list for years. Finally the right opportunity arose and I visited Kyoto and area in November 2011. While the trip focused on artisans and artists, there were enough gardens to make me happy:)
THANK YOU VT!!!*
Paris is my heart and it means so much to me that you appreciate my PARIS PAGE
I've updated my CHICAGO PAGE with more on my wonderful city's architecture & art
Don't miss Chartres & Giverny
San Diego in December 2012 was a nice break from Chicago in December. The focus of this short visit to see friends and art. We also managed to eat;)
We saw the San Diego Museum of Art and the Mingei International Museum [folk art] We ate at Ave 5, Celadon, Hane Sushi and A.R. Valentien at The Lodge at Torrey Pines. We saw Balboa Park and Sunset Cliffs on Point Loma.
Updates are in progress.
We sailed on the MS Volendam from Vancouver. Both the ship and Vancouver were wonderful.
Tips will be under Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay and Ketchikan. The review of the ship in general will be on my Alaska page.
The Monadnock Building displays the thick load-bearing masonery walls prevalent before the Chicago-based development of the steel-framed, concrete pier skyscraper in the late 1800s. On the right the Santa Fe Railway Exchange Building benefits from the steel frame to provide more window space and a decorated surface.
These pictures were taken on a recent tour I gave for some visiting friends. I am hoping to pull my architectural photos together into a tour of Chicago architecture -- one of these days:)
All photographs and text on my pages were created by me, unless specifically stated otherwise, and, within the stated VT policies, are not to be used without my permission.
I am happy to receive postcards and emails and will do my best to respond to communications promptly.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,378 Reviews
- 4,570 Photos
- 31 Countries
- 128 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Ukrainian conflict . Member..."
- created a Calvi Travel Page "It may be French but . . ."
- Uploaded a Photo to "It may be French but . . ."
- Wrote a Review French-Vietnamese on Rush about Le Colonial in Chicago Restaurants
- Commented on hunterV's profile page
updated their Profile Page "A Wedding in Pecs, Hungary"
- shrimp56 and sweetgirl45 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Chenonceau
VideosSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 380 reviews, 740 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos