"Zurich - City of Clocks" Zürich by aussirose

Zürich Travel Guide: 1,929 reviews and 5,750 photos

Zurich was the beginning of our big Europe trip.

Hubby wanted to drive through Germany and wanted to see the Black Forrest so rather than fly into Frankfurt and backtrack, we chose to fly into Zurich and drive through. Great idea!

Zurich is stunning! A very clean city situated on a lovely lake, not too big but expensive....however with views like this.....hey who cares about the expense!! :o)

I am glad we visited Zurich.

There is always something new and interesting to experience when on holiday. In Zurich it was the clocks.

Wow!.... Clock city!!.... and I couldn't get enough of them! :o) I also enjoyed listening to the chimes (I have a grandfather clock at home).

Hubby bought an authentic Swiss watch here and I loved the watch I purchased for my daughter so much that I bought one for myself as well :o)

The hilight in Zurich was our trip to Rapperswil. I read this tip on barbskie's and Tripack's pages and thought that would be a lovely day out for a vt meet.

Sadly no one was available to meet up with us but we enjoyed ourselves nevertheless. Check out my travelogues for the full story.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW OUR TRIP FROM PLACE TO PLACE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO - UBERLINGEN.

• Pros:Clean, Stunning views, friendly natives
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:An awesome tourist destination
  • Last visit to Zürich: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I had fun reading your travelogue, should be exhausted from flying for that many hours but lets go have a beer and see the town....such troopers you are! The clocks sound great. Ive only been to the airport in zurich on the way somewhere else.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Dec 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Lovely comment thanks Val :o) Yes I would happily go back to Zurich. Very nice place! Hugs, Ann xx

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Hilarious to read up your adventures in Zurich and Rapperswil! BTW Rapperswil is not in the canton of Zurich but belongs to the canton of St. Gallen. And I wondered what dodgy part of Zurich you had your beer in?! I'm sorry I haven't been there to welcome you.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Good that you chose Zürich as your introduction to Europe. It?s a great city!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Zurich Switzerland wow what a great country that is eh Ann Knives and watches amongst other great things My parents loved visiting Switzerland from Holland Lori & I have been to Switzerland only once and just drove by Lake Lausanne and Geneva we need to go back there Ann I see you loved these Clocks

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Zürich