"Amsterdam - Bikes, Boats and Booze" Amsterdam by aussirose

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,686 reviews and 22,765 photos

I am so glad I decided to stay on a houseboat in Amsterdam! There's nothing like relaxing after a hard day partying at the Heineken Brewery with PJ and friends! :o)

When planning our big Europe trip, Amsterdam was one of the first places on my list. Not just because of the canals and windmills, but because I was looking forward to meeting PJ. Pieter Jan is one of my oldest friends on vt and I was excited to meet him at last.

Not only did I enjoy PJ's company but also his wife Swanet. You could not have spent the time with better people! :o)

Our time in Amsterdam was accompanied by rain which could have put a damper on the whole experience but it didn't matter much. We had a fun time anyway :o)

Our whole Europe trip incorporated so many different experiences, cultures and sights.....in fact there was a WoW factor around every corner!...and Amsterdam was no different.

I was really looking forward to seeing the canals in Amsterdam. Yes, we did the red light district and windmills, but the canals for me was the hilight :o) ........

I love this pic! :o) PJ....what a great Kareoke partner!! lol :o)

Amazing what us vt'ers get up to at a vt meet hey ;o)

And speaking of vt meets....everyone knows Pieter Jan is the King of vt meets! .... Oh yes...there are others like Gillybob and ricky52.....and they organise fantastic meets! ......but in my opinion PJ is the VT meet King! He has organised more vt meets than anyone I know on vt and I take my vt thongs off to you Pieter Jan! ;o) .....errrr, vt flip flops that is ;o)

Thank you PJ and your lovely wife Swanet for welcoming us to Amsterdam and for the fun time that we had!! xx

Link to Travelogues.

Link to Travelogues via my Tips.

IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ALONG OUR EUROPE TRIP STARTING IN ZURICH, THEN HERE IS THE LINK TO OUR NEXT DESTINATION AND THE BIG VT MEET - PARIS

• Last visit to Amsterdam: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Nice page...Lauren and I are there right now but AussieBarney is with Al2401
    And the bikes ...today someone called them 'killer bikes'

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM

Great page Ann!!! Amsterdam was fantastic despite the rain!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 3:27 AM

Ohhh Amsterdam what a great place eh Ann Trams Bicycles boats in the Canals Rembrandt,P J & Swanet Dila haha should I go on Lori & I were lucky that we visited Amsterdam as well on our way back home from Macedonia we loved it Great page Ann

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Oh boy, I feel flattered. Ann, you're the most sharming Amsterdam visitor, haha, PJ

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?

Latest Activity in Amsterdam