"Amsterdam - Bikes, Boats and Booze" Amsterdam by aussirose
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,687 reviews and 22,710 photos
When planning our big Europe trip, Amsterdam was one of the first places on my list. Not just because of the canals and windmills, but because I was looking forward to meeting PJ. Pieter Jan is one of my oldest friends on vt and I was excited to meet him at last.
Not only did I enjoy PJ's company but also his wife Swanet. You could not have spent the time with better people! :o)
Our time in Amsterdam was accompanied by rain which could have put a damper on the whole experience but it didn't matter much. We had a fun time anyway :o)
Our whole Europe trip incorporated so many different experiences, cultures and sights.....in fact there was a WoW factor around every corner!...and Amsterdam was no different.
I was really looking forward to seeing the canals in Amsterdam. Yes, we did the red light district and windmills, but the canals for me was the hilight :o) ........
I love this pic! :o) PJ....what a great Kareoke partner!! lol :o)
Amazing what us vt'ers get up to at a vt meet hey ;o)
And speaking of vt meets....everyone knows Pieter Jan is the King of vt meets! .... Oh yes...there are others like Gillybob and ricky52.....and they organise fantastic meets! ......but in my opinion PJ is the VT meet King! He has organised more vt meets than anyone I know on vt and I take my vt thongs off to you Pieter Jan! ;o) .....errrr, vt flip flops that is ;o)
Thank you PJ and your lovely wife Swanet for welcoming us to Amsterdam and for the fun time that we had!! xx
Link to Travelogues.
Link to Travelogues via my Tips.
IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ALONG OUR EUROPE TRIP STARTING IN ZURICH, THEN HERE IS THE LINK TO OUR NEXT DESTINATION AND THE BIG VT MEET - PARIS
Tram travel is an easy and inexpensive way to get around Amsterdam. Also look out for Diana who is a tram driver here.... more travel advice
Grocery shopping in Amsterdam was fun....trying to read through the language barrier and checking out the different... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 15 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: BIG SYDNEY VT MEET"
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam - Bikes, Boats and Booze"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Amsterdam tips
- Uploaded a Video to Amsterdam
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Heineken Experience FBI on the job"
- Wrote a Review Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam about Trams in Amsterdam Transportation
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (108)
Videos in AmsterdamSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues