"Tongeren Defeats Ceaser" Tongeren by aussirose

Tongeren Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 117 photos

We hadn't planned to visit Tongeren on our road trip through Europe. We planned to head out from Brubach in Germany and straight to Lier to meet up with vt friends. But when KShezz said that she would like to come to Lier and join us, we offered to pick her up from her home in Tongeren.

Kirsty offered to show us around a bit and we gladly accepted. More about that in my travelogue.

My first impression of Tongeren was a small town that I immediately felt comfortable in. Maybe this had something to do with the friendly natives and lack of throngs of tourists plus the nice countryside.

First time in a new country, you have to try a local beer. This one Grimberben went down real well. A nice introduction to Belgium beers! :o)

Check out my Travelogue for a funny GPS story.

Or you can read my tip first and access my travelogue at the end by clicking - Tongeren Tip.

IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ALONG MY EUROPE TRIP THAT STARTED OFF FROM ZURICH, THERE IS A LINK AT THE END OF THE TRAVELOGUE.

• Pros:Local Ambience, Homely feel
  • Cons:Nothing
  • In a nutshell:Small with a Local feel, Lovely town square with great statue
  • Last visit to Tongeren: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 1, 2013

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Lucky you to have been shown around by Kirsty!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Glad to see that you visited Tongeren. I really loved this little town and the day we visited, there was an antique market going on.

aussirose

“Live Life to the Fullest - Cheers to the Next Holiday!!”

Badges & Stats in Tongeren

Have you been to Tongeren?

Latest Activity in Tongeren