"Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008" Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park by aussirose

Kakadu National Park Travel Guide: 274 reviews and 971 photos

Well this was a trip of a lifetime!! We'd all been waiting a whole year...ever since Zig (1+1) offered to show us around after the last big vt meet in Perth....but that's not what he'll tell you ;o)
....reckon's I twisted his arm or something like that.

Zig did a wonderful job in arranging the big survivor trip for us and we all can't thank him enough!! We felt safe in his hands because being a Ranger, Zig knows the area and has also lived in Arnhem Land and been adopted by the local Aboriginals, so we were also looking forward to meeting his family :o)

Anyway, the good news is that we all survived!! The survivors are listed below.
Top left to right - 1+1, tiabunna's + 1, Gillybob, rosie235, adelaidean + 1, feelingfabulous, tiabunna.
Bottom row left to right - aussirose + 1 & kiwi + 1.

So 12 brave Aussies, a couple of Kiwis & 1 very brave English lady packed our bags, tents & stuff and set off in 2 troupe carriers into the far distant outback and up to the very top end of Australia.

All sorts of adventures awaited us....some good, some funny & some...just down right annoying! Full story in the travelogues below.

Pam (kiwi) who's link appears below has already covered the full story day by day so I'm going to do it from a different angle.
My story doesn't run in cronological order....but covers the story in more of a descriptive order.
I encourage you to go to Pam's pages when you've read mine.
kiwi's NT pages

Latest pages up are from George (Tiabunna) who's link appears below. George's pictures are totally awesome and you really take the time to have a look.
tiabunna's NT pages

VA's also enjoyed themselves......were a bit wayward at times, but we just showed them the croc danger signs......and that brought them back in line quick smart lol. The link below takes you to some pages I have dedicated to the VA's and the fun they had on the trip :o)
VA's on Survivor Trip

• Pros:Diverse countryside. Wildlife. Aboriginal culture and history.
  • Cons:Crocs. Mosquitoes.
  • In a nutshell:A 'must see' when visiting Darwin.
  • Last visit to Kakadu National Park: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2011

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

WOW! What and amazing adventure! This is something I would love to do some day. Great page Ann.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Sep 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

You comment here means a lot. Thank you mate :o) And if you come downunder.... then we will be sure to make your trip an awesome memory!! Hugs, Ann.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Great page and excellent travelogues with lovely beach and sunset pics Anne! saw George's and Pams a few years back, hadnt realised Id not been to look at it - what a great trip eh! makes me even more regret not driving on up to Cape York when i drove my Mum and I up Cooktown and Daintree in my then boyfriends 4x4 - and those roads of dust...!drove those sort of roads when I lived out around central Qld for about 3 years with my big hoon car ford falcon...my last flight back from Sydney was a day flight and had fab views of the top end though and stunning blue surrounded islands...dont know if it was Cape York or Kakadu...but this is all getting me wishing I was back seeing it all again!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2011 at 4:28 PM

great page!

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Lol! I looked at this before, it will probably go on my list of places to visit, if we visit Australia :)

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Very nice travelogs and photos here, Ann! Dunno - even if they swore to me there were no crocs in that billabong, I'm not sure more than a wee toe would have made it in! :)

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Looks like quite the amazing outback adventure.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2011 at 6:35 AM

A real adventure here, Ann. I love your pictures, though I'm glad I only see the crocodile on a picture. I've put 28 August in my calendar, hopefully it'll work out.

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Well done Ann from Perth, Australia. You have A LOT OF VIRGIN NATURE, lucky you. Really seems 'once in a lifetime'. Personally I love adventurous people. Greetings from Jerusalem! Avi

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM

An outback adventure...that's sth that I would like to do some days!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Your page brought back many happy memories of the wonderful time we had in Kakadu, one of my favourite places in Australia!

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Kakadu National Park

Have you been to Kakadu National Park?

Videos in Kakadu National Park