"Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008" Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park by aussirose
Kakadu National Park Travel Guide: 274 reviews and 971 photos
....reckon's I twisted his arm or something like that.
Zig did a wonderful job in arranging the big survivor trip for us and we all can't thank him enough!! We felt safe in his hands because being a Ranger, Zig knows the area and has also lived in Arnhem Land and been adopted by the local Aboriginals, so we were also looking forward to meeting his family :o)
Anyway, the good news is that we all survived!! The survivors are listed below.
Top left to right - 1+1, tiabunna's + 1, Gillybob, rosie235, adelaidean + 1, feelingfabulous, tiabunna.
Bottom row left to right - aussirose + 1 & kiwi + 1.
So 12 brave Aussies, a couple of Kiwis & 1 very brave English lady packed our bags, tents & stuff and set off in 2 troupe carriers into the far distant outback and up to the very top end of Australia.
All sorts of adventures awaited us....some good, some funny & some...just down right annoying! Full story in the travelogues below.
My story doesn't run in cronological order....but covers the story in more of a descriptive order.
I encourage you to go to Pam's pages when you've read mine.
kiwi's NT pages
tiabunna's NT pages
VA's also enjoyed themselves......were a bit wayward at times, but we just showed them the croc danger signs......and that brought them back in line quick smart lol. The link below takes you to some pages I have dedicated to the VA's and the fun they had on the trip :o)
- Pros:Diverse countryside. Wildlife. Aboriginal culture and history.
- Cons:Crocs. Mosquitoes.
- In a nutshell:A 'must see' when visiting Darwin.
We hired 4x4 troupies for our big adventure but that was because we were heading off further than Kakadu National Park... more travel advice
Mozzies are everywhere in the bush and especially near waterholes. I'm lucky that they don't bother me, but some of the... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Kakadu National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kakadu and Arnhem Land with "VT Survivor""
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008"
- "Magnificent Wetlands - Birdlife, Crocodiles"
- "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Kakadu National Park - A Special Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kakadu National Park
- Hotels in Kakadu National Park
- Transportation in Kakadu National Park
- Restaurants in Kakadu National Park
- Shopping in Kakadu National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kakadu National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kakadu National Park
- 23 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Kakadu National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kakadu National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How much do your early years..."
- updated a Kakadu National Park Travelogue "aussirose fun with Photoshop Elements 9"
- Uploaded a Photo to "aussirose fun with Photoshop Elements 9"
- Wrote a Review 4x4 Not needed for Kakadu in Kakadu National Park Transportation
- Uploaded a Video to Kakadu National Park
- Commented on one of tiabunna's Kakadu National Park travel pages
Videos in Kakadu National ParkSee All Videos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 39 reviews, 226 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 127 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Island Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos, 7 travelogues