"VT Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008" Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park by aussirose

Kakadu National Park Travel Guide: 274 reviews and 971 photos

Well this was a trip of a lifetime!! We'd all been waiting a whole year...ever since Zig (1+1) offered to show us around after the last big vt meet in Perth....but that's not what he'll tell you ;o)
....reckon's I twisted his arm or something like that.

Zig did a wonderful job in arranging the big survivor trip for us and we all can't thank him enough!! We felt safe in his hands because being a Ranger, Zig knows the area and has also lived in Arnhem Land and been adopted by the local Aboriginals, so we were also looking forward to meeting his family :o)

Anyway, the good news is that we all survived!! The survivors are listed below.
Top left to right - 1+1, tiabunna's + 1, Gillybob, rosie235, adelaidean + 1, feelingfabulous, tiabunna.
Bottom row left to right - aussirose + 1 & kiwi + 1.

So 12 brave Aussies, a couple of Kiwis & 1 very brave English lady packed our bags, tents & stuff and set off in 2 troupe carriers into the far distant outback and up to the very top end of Australia.

All sorts of adventures awaited us....some good, some funny & some...just down right annoying! Full story in the travelogues below.

Our VA's also enjoyed themselves......they were a bit wayward at times, but we just showed them the croc danger signs......

The link below takes you to some pages I have dedicated to the VA's and the fun they had on the trip :o)

VA's on Survivor Trip

• Pros:Diverse countryside. Wildlife. Aboriginal culture and history.
  • Cons:Crocs. Mosquitoes.
  • In a nutshell:A 'must see' when visiting Darwin.
  • Last visit to Kakadu National Park: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2014

• nizash22's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM

looks great group enjoying the greatness

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

WOW! What and amazing adventure! This is something I would love to do some day. Great page Ann.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Sep 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

You comment here means a lot. Thank you mate :o) And if you come downunder.... then we will be sure to make your trip an awesome memory!! Hugs, Ann.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Great page and excellent travelogues with lovely beach and sunset pics Anne! saw George's and Pams a few years back, hadnt realised Id not been to look at it - what a great trip eh! makes me even more regret not driving on up to Cape York when i drove my Mum and I up Cooktown and Daintree in my then boyfriends 4x4 - and those roads of dust...!drove those sort of roads when I lived out around central Qld for about 3 years with my big hoon car ford falcon...my last flight back from Sydney was a day flight and had fab views of the top end though and stunning blue surrounded islands...dont know if it was Cape York or Kakadu...but this is all getting me wishing I was back seeing it all again!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2011 at 4:28 PM

great page!

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Lol! I looked at this before, it will probably go on my list of places to visit, if we visit Australia :)

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Very nice travelogs and photos here, Ann! Dunno - even if they swore to me there were no crocs in that billabong, I'm not sure more than a wee toe would have made it in! :)

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Looks like quite the amazing outback adventure.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2011 at 6:35 AM

A real adventure here, Ann. I love your pictures, though I'm glad I only see the crocodile on a picture. I've put 28 August in my calendar, hopefully it'll work out.

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Well done Ann from Perth, Australia. You have A LOT OF VIRGIN NATURE, lucky you. Really seems 'once in a lifetime'. Personally I love adventurous people. Greetings from Jerusalem! Avi

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM

An outback adventure...that's sth that I would like to do some days!

aussirose

“Live Life to the Fullest - Cheers to the Next Holiday!!”

Badges & Stats in Kakadu National Park

Have you been to Kakadu National Park?

Videos in Kakadu National Park