"Pinnacles" Top 5 Page for this destination Cervantes by aussirose
Cervantes Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 181 photos
Hubby and I have lived in Perth for over 5 years now and have never been to see this amazing sight.
So on the spur of the moment, just after the big Perth vt meet, we decided to take Adelaidean and hubby and 1+1 for a visit and we're glad we did!
I'm glad we went and I totally recommend this place!
Yes, it's touristy but I would say to definately do it as a day trip if you are visiting Perth.
These amazing and mysterious limestone rock formations are about 6,000 years old and have been exposed over the years by high winds and shifting sands.
There are over 4,000 of them and the highest is about 4 metres - huge hey!
Anyway, please share with me our day trip.
We saw some awesome sights (not just the pinnacles), found a Tavern to quench our thirst and after that, stumbled ;o) ,across a great place for a bite to eat...and another beer to wash it down.
- Pros:Pinnacles - amazing rock formations. Interesting stromatalites.
- Cons:Long day trip from Perth.
- In a nutshell:Cervantes or the Pinnacles - Well worth a day trip when visiting Perth
Speaking about flora, have your camera ready to stop off along the way. Everyone knows that Western Australia... more travel advice
Ok, you can't miss this place - across the road from the Tavern. Fantastic for fresh seafood, great service and you... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Cervantes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the unforgotable pinnacles"
- "Keeweechic's Cervantes"
- "Pinnacles Desert"
- "Nambung National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cervantes
- Hotels in Cervantes
- Transportation in Cervantes
- Restaurants in Cervantes
- Shopping in Cervantes
- Warnings and Dangers in Cervantes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cervantes
- 7 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Cervantes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cervantes
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What country, trip or travel..."
- updated a Cervantes Travelogue "Stromatolites"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Pinnacles with Gillybob"
- Uploaded a Video to Cervantes
- Wrote a Review Wildflowers in Cervantes Things to Do
- Commented on one of australia2's Cervantes travel pages
Photos in CervantesSee All Photos (64)
Videos in CervantesSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 34 reviews, 179 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues