"Barrington Tops Guest House - An Eco resort" Barrington by aussirose
Barrington Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 11 photos
We had a family holiday here.
It has bushwalking, mountain stream swimming, a natural rock water slide, native animals, daily activities, tennis, and guess what? All meals, country style, are included in the price!!!!
We had a wonderful holiday and I recommend it!!
Barrington Tops is just a little north of the Hunter Valley Wineries and if you plan to spend a few days there, then I would suggest you drive a little further and at least experience 1 night in Barrington Tops.
Latest update:.........Unfortunately the Barrington Tops Guest House burnt down in September 2006 and a lot of the regulars miss the good old times and activities, but the good news is that the cottages on the hillside are still there and you can still rent them at a reasonable price - see the link below.
Just had a good chat to the lady who rents them out, Elaine - and although all the great Guest House activities are no longer, the beauty and nature of the surrounding area is still there to be enjoyed.
With beautiful bush walks and the mountain stream and good food at the nearby Araluen Cafe plus your own bush hideaway, Barrington is still classed as that 'great Australian getaway' it deserves!!
- Pros:Fabulous country. Gorgeous streams. Great bushwalking.
- Cons:Often overlooked as a bit out of the way for tourists.
- In a nutshell:A great extension to your Hunter Valley Winery Trip.
Couldn't resist including this one :o) I got all these crows to line up for the pic and then said ......... do you... more travel advice
Well there's a whole managery of 'em here :o) Here's a pic of Janine feeding the possums. Possums are an Australian... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Barrington Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Barrington
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Barrington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barrington
Photos in BarringtonSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 66 reviews, 172 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues