"Bunbury - Nice stopover heading south of Perth" Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury by aussirose

Bunbury Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 499 photos

I spent a few days in Bunbury with my daughter Kelli & family as my son-in-law has been working down there recently.

We had a lovely time checking out the local beach, markets and crabbing.

If you are heading south from Perth then Bunbury is a good stop off for a night or two to enjoy the quaint shops, lovely beach and lake area.

Bunbury is about 2 and a half hours south of Perth and if you are not travelling by car, then there is a good bus or train service right from the centre of Perth.

The beach in Bunbury is gorgeous! Pure white sand with a walking path along the beach front to a nice cafe right on the beach.

We stayed in flats only about 100 metres to the beach so it was an easy walk for us.

On the other side of town is the lake with nice safe swimming for the kids. My grandson just loved it! :o)

We parked the car close by, took baby Gaby for a swim and then walked around to the markets.

• Pros:Nice beaches. Great markets. Fresh crabs.
  • Cons:Long day trip from Perth. Better to stay a couple of days.
  • In a nutshell:Bunbury - a good place to stop off when driving south from Perth.
  • Last visit to Bunbury: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2011

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM

my first experience of small town Australia. i liked your habit of exploring Main street first. i will adopt this habit too :-)

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Bunbury

Have you been to Bunbury?

Photos in Bunbury