"Bunbury - Nice stopover heading south of Perth" Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury by aussirose
Bunbury Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 499 photos
We had a lovely time checking out the local beach, markets and crabbing.
If you are heading south from Perth then Bunbury is a good stop off for a night or two to enjoy the quaint shops, lovely beach and lake area.
Bunbury is about 2 and a half hours south of Perth and if you are not travelling by car, then there is a good bus or train service right from the centre of Perth.
The beach in Bunbury is gorgeous! Pure white sand with a walking path along the beach front to a nice cafe right on the beach.
We stayed in flats only about 100 metres to the beach so it was an easy walk for us.
On the other side of town is the lake with nice safe swimming for the kids. My grandson just loved it! :o)
We parked the car close by, took baby Gaby for a swim and then walked around to the markets.
- Pros:Nice beaches. Great markets. Fresh crabs.
- Cons:Long day trip from Perth. Better to stay a couple of days.
- In a nutshell:Bunbury - a good place to stop off when driving south from Perth.
If not travelling by car, there are two other ways to get to Bunbury from Perth - by Train or Bus. Bunbury is a... more travel advice
This is the first place you should visit when in Bunbury. The information centre has a stack of info on things to... more travel advice
Written Apr 5, 2010
Crabbing Part 1
Written Apr 5, 2010
Crabbing Part 2 - Kelli's rules
aussirose's Related Pages
Bunbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bunbury, Western Australia"
- "Of Dolphins and Gnomes"
- "Bunbury, not as bad as l thought."
- "Livin in the City"
- "Bunbury - Nice stopover heading south of Perth"
- "When in Bunbury you must see nearby Gnomesville!"
- "Bunbury and its dolphins"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bunbury
- Hotels in Bunbury
- Transportation in Bunbury
- Nightlife in Bunbury
- Restaurants in Bunbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Bunbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bunbury
- 11 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Bunbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bunbury
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Re: Places to see in Perth &..."
- updated a Bunbury Travel Page "Bunbury - Nice stopover heading south of Perth"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crabbing Part 2 - Kelli's rules"
- Wrote a Review Perth to Bunbury in Bunbury Transportation
- Commented on one of robertgaz's Bunbury travel pages
Photos in BunburySee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 244 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 127 photos, 11 travelogues