"Cairns - A Land of Contrast" Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns by aussirose
Cairns Travel Guide: 883 reviews and 2,356 photos
Do you want to see the Great Barrier Reef? ....snorkle, scuba dive, check out the coral and colourful marine life?... etc.... then Cairns is your place.
Do you love rainforest? ..... Birdlife? .... Boat cruises and maybe the occasional croc sighting? .... Then look no further than Cairns.
How about mountains and fabulous countryside with beautiful lakes etc.... Then Cairns is your dream destination!
Yes! Cairns is definately a land of contrast!!
A trip to Australia is not a trip unless you visit the Great Barrier Reef.
Cairns or the Whitsundays.... whatever you choose, the outter reefs are not to be missed!! Make sure you book a day cruise trip. You won't be disappointed!! The coral and colourful fish are amazing and even if you havn't snorkled before....you simply must do it!!
Check out my travelogue for the great time that we had on Fitzroy Island, one of the most inexpensive day trips from Cairns.
Please meet Dorrise (tropicrd) who lives in Cairns. If ever there is a person to ask a question about Cairns to, then you should ask our Dorrise.
Dorrise also hosted the Big Cairns Downunder Meet in September 2014. What a total hoot we had! Check out the links below and follow along with me whilst I lead you through some great outback country, pretty coastal beaches, stunning mountains and lookouts, gorgeous rainforest along with fun company, va's, food and grog :o) Doesn't get any better!!!
There is also another link at the end of my VA Adventures in Cairns travelogue below.
First stop Mareeba - Home of the amazing Rock Wallaby
My first visit to Cairns was in 2009 after the Big Downunder meet in Airlie Beach. I flew into Cairns from Hamilton Island. Another wonderful story!!
I left hubby and Zig (1+1) hiking on Hinchinbrook Island and I was on my own for a week....1st time for me in a backpackers yea.....had a ball!! and of course I had my vt mate tripicrd who lives in Cairns to show me around :o)
I hope you enjoy reading my stories just as much as I am enjoying reliving them ;o)
Btw if you want to tour with me on our car trip from Cairns to Darwin across the top end of Australia - then please click this link. Car Trip from Cairns to Darwin on the Savannah Way with aussirose. First stop Undara Lava Tubes and an overnight stay in an old Railway Carriage.
- Pros:Gateway to Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest.
- Cons:Avoid in monsoon season - Nov to Mar.
- In a nutshell:Cairns has everything - diving, snorkling, sailing, boating, rainforest, mountains and friendly people.
This was a really great show. For a little over $100 you get a fantastic cultural show, free glass of wine upon arrival,... more travel advice
I am not the only person that falls in love with Palm Cove. What a wonderful, quaint and romantic place it is! I have... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Cairns Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairns QLD more than a tourist city."
- "CAIRNS (PAGES UNDER CONSTRUCTION)"
- "Cairns - A Land of Contrast"
- "Cairns - gateway to Far North Queensland"
- "Tropical North Queensland's landing strip...Cairns"
- "IMPREXXION: CAIRNS"
- "Cairns in the Far North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairns
- Hotels in Cairns
- Transportation in Cairns
- Nightlife in Cairns
- Restaurants in Cairns
- Shopping in Cairns
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairns
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairns
- 34 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 50 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairns
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- updated a Cairns Travelogue "Cairns Big Downunder VT Meet 2014 - The Highlights"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cairns Big Downunder VT Meet 2014 - The Highlights"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Cairns travelogues
- Wrote a Review Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Show Cairns about Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park in Cairns Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Cairns
Photos in CairnsSee All Photos (179)
Videos in CairnsSee All Videos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 34 reviews, 179 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues