"Edithburgh - miles from the nearest town" Edithburgh by aussirose
Edithburgh Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 39 photos
We lived at Edithburgh for 6 months. It is down the bottom of the York Peninsular facing Adelaide and a long, long way from town. The York Peninsular looks like a little foot but not at cute as Italy ;o) There is a few miles of water in between the York Peninsular and Adelaide.....So close, yet so far!!!
Edithburgh is known as the 2nd windiest place in the world.
But it got hot there as well and when it became too hot, everyone used to knock off (school kids and all) and head on down to the huge rock pool pictured.
The huge rock pool was the nice thing about Edithburgh. The beaches down and around the corner were nice too. But that's about it.
If you like shopping and perhaps a bit of nightlife....then Edithburgh is not the place for you.
However, there is a secret that I might divulge.... Edithburgh has a few oyster farms just out of town and you can buy fresh from the farm....shhh.... well kept secret ;o) The oysters from Edithburgh are huge and yummy! Some of the best I have tasted!!
- Pros:Huge yummy oysters. Pretty quiet beaches.
- Cons:Miles from the nearest town. Too quiet. Ultra windy.
- In a nutshell:I wouldn't go out of your way to visit here.
Edithburgh (actually half way to Cabowi) has the largest, most juiciest oisters I've ever tasted!!! There's a sign post,... more travel advice
Local houses in Edithburgh. Cute hey. This is where we lived. Only one problem, it was infested with mice - being close... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Edithburgh Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Edithburgh
- Restaurants in Edithburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edithburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edithburgh
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Edithburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edithburgh
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 39 reviews, 226 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 127 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Island Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos, 7 travelogues