"The Nullarbor" Eucla by aussirose

Eucla Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 34 photos

Eucla is on the western side of the Nullabor. I've picked Eucla for my Nullabor page because it's better to stay the night than Bordertown, which is SA side of the border. Eucla was a nice place to stop and we wish we had have stayed the night there.

I think this is a classic pic, I'm proud of it. We stopped at this little road house to get petrol and I walked up the road to take pic of the sign and I happened to fluke a truck in the distance. I must say, it's one of my better pix :o)

Half way along the Nullarbor you can take a turning and head on to the coast. It's cliffs all around but the view is magnificant. We saw some whales while we were there.

• Pros:Nullarbor - Amazing and diverse scenery.
  • Cons:Takes 3 days to get across the Nullarbor.
  • In a nutshell:Nullarbor - Some see it as boring, others see the amazing diverse Australian countryside.
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2012

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM

very nice tip on an accident with a roo. i think australia is my kind of destination - sunny, bright, sandy and empty roads where i can take to driving turns.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2003 at 7:52 PM

Seems strange to see Camels in Oz.. So, is there a name for being in two states at exactly the same time??? Bi-Statual perhaps??? LOL....

• annk's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2002 at 8:49 PM

Wow! Didn't know you guys had wild camels! Cool!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2002 at 9:02 PM

yep Matey ya right..Eucla is worth a stop, we camped out in the Van

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Eucla