"Geraldton - 4hrs north of Perth" Top 5 Page for this destination Geraldton by aussirose

Geraldton Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 236 photos

The leaning trees of Geraldton

Hubby and I decided to have a week away minus kids. We didn't want to travel too far from Perth and decided to go north as in May it's heading towards winter and we wanted to soak up as much sun as possible. We heard Lobster is fresh up north and there's some nice wineries up there and the people are friendly so we decided to hit Geraldton - just 4 hours north of Perth. Here is a funny site we struck just before Geraldton. There are heaps of trees like this, leaning north-east. They tell us it's because of the salt-laden winds that hit the place. Well it wasn't windy while we were there, in fact the weather was just perfect :o)

Greengables Lodge - The place to stay!!

Taken from the old Green Acres sitcom, Greengables is run by a lovely couple with a wicked sense of humour.

Greengables Lodge is definately the place to stay. I highly recommend it, even if you are travelling north and want a comfortable night and great aussi bacon and eggs breaky, yum yum :o)
Check out my travelogue.

• Pros:Geraldton - Home of fresh Lobsters.
  • Cons:Not a great deal to see here.
  • In a nutshell:Geraldton - A good place to stop over when travelling north of Perth.
  • Last visit to Geraldton: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2012

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

What a fascinating lead photo....we were in Geraldton some years ago.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Jun 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Haha mate.... one of my old pages. I can see that it needs a stack of revamping lol. Guess we need to travel up that way again :o) But thanks for visiting and reliving your memories and allowing me to relive mine! Hugs xx

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Unfortunately I just passed through Geraldton, but it looked quite nice. Maybe next time...

• penumbra's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Pretty amazing trees. It’s hard to believe that they can stay rooted to the ground.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 2:49 PM

great trip Ann, love the Trees and that field..looks like you had a good Lobstertime, excellent idea to get away from it all.

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 8:49 PM

Sounds like my type of small quaint town... hope this trip pans out, I'd love to explore the smaller towns and open spaces in the west.

• AlexanderScutt's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 7:49 AM

A good run down on the town I called home for three years. I am looking forward to seeing the HMAS Sydney Memorial when I get there again. Lot's of people don't like Geraldton, but I'm not one of them.

• annk's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 4:41 PM

Lobster, wine and nice sight-seeing. Sounds like a perfect get-a-way! Those trees look like they've been thru a hurricane. And thx Ann for visiting my Alaska pages! Take care.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 5:52 AM

Lobster and wine what more could you ask for? Nice page.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 11:03 PM

Lobster, I love lobsters!.. excellent page Ann. Regards.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2003 at 10:09 AM

Just a lovely page. (Amazing trees!)

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Strawberry drop bokeh.”

Badges & Stats in Geraldton

Have you been to Geraldton?

Latest Activity in Geraldton