"Hamilton Island - Whitsundays North Queensland" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Island by aussirose

Hamilton Island Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 417 photos

Hamilton Island

A group of us ventured back to Hamilton Island for a few days rest & relaxation after the big 2009 downunder vt meet. It was a great choice as Hamilton, although considered too touristy ....and it is in some respects.....can also be the sort of holiday destination to chill, especially if your accommodation is on the Marina side up on the hill with views looking west towards the mainland.

There are two main parts to Hamilton Island, the Marina on the western side and the Resort Centre along Catseye Beach on the north-eastern side. More detailed explanation under General Tips.

This is the 2nd time we have visited Hamilton Island and absolutely not the last. The first time was in 2000 when my children were alot younger ....and also vt was younger ;o) as you will see from a couple of travelogues below with heaps of pix in them.

If you are arriving by Fantasea ferry from the mainland, you will come into the Marina. The Marina is full of restaurants and a Tavern.

My favourite restaurant is the Manta Ray Cafe overlooking the Marina.

Along the north eastern side of Hamilton Island is Catseye beach and Resort Centre. This is where the resorts, hotels and the Palm Bungalows are located .... as well as a couple of awesome pools complete with pool bar and views to die for.

My favourite place was the Resort Centre Restaurant and Bar located beside an infinity pool and with stunning views over Catseye beach.

Hope you enjoy reading my holiday adventures as much as I enjoy re-living them ... and maybe my tips will be of assistance to you and your holiday plans :o)

• Pros:Tropocal Paradise. Geogeous beaches. Resort style accommodation.
  • Cons:Expensive.
  • In a nutshell:Hamilton Island - Hub of the Whitsundays and best place to fly in and out of.
  • Last visit to Hamilton Island: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2011

• Hildeal's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2010 at 3:16 AM

must be the defination of heaven..

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 10:43 AM

You look like with all the sporting activities and good friends Hamilton Island/Whitsunday is the place to be. You did a nice presentation of capturing the blue water and white beaches.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Good to know where the money is..yes? Watch out for scams!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Hi Ann Fantastic Hamilton Island page you have here So you were here many years ago eh I LOVE old family pictures they remind me so much of our kids when they were young They grew up real fast eh Ann The pic's from the Sea plane WOOOW

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 6:06 AM

As usual, great tips and photos! I can't wait to use them! :-) Ann, The TravelSlut

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Hi Ann...wont be long now mate...great tips and pics..see ya again soon..looking forward to our stay on Hamilton island..

• dancinbudgie's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hamilton looks great! I cant wait for the Airlie meet and our stay on Hamilton after...we are staying in the bungalows...hope they are as nice as your accom looked! See ya real soon! :o)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM

The sub looks fun, the beaches, spa, cruise and island looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing your wonderful travels.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Thanks for your Bday wish! I didn't manage to get the best job in the world there ;-) Anyway I will be back sometimes.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 3:42 AM

It should be called Paradise Island - it's absolutely beautiful.

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Strawberry drop bokeh.”

Badges & Stats in Hamilton Island

Have you been to Hamilton Island?

Latest Activity in Hamilton Island