"Camping on the beach" Hopetoun by aussirose
Hopetoun Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 32 photos
We decided to get away from it all and enjoy a free camping holiday in the scrub right on the beach. We ended up about 15 miles east of Hopetoun, down the bottom of western Australia. The beach was called 12mile beach. Come and enjoy our holiday with us.
Hopetoun is about 7 hours south east of Perth. To get there you can go via Wave Rock at Hyden and then travel via Lake King and through Ravensthorpe. Also you can visit Hopetoun from Albany if you are doing the Southern WA loop from Perth through Albany and Esperance and back.....just remember to take the southern detour from Ravensthorpe as most do not do this but travel straight through to Esperance.
If you are into adventure and love to experience natural Australia and don't mind roughing it then Hopetoun is definately the place to visit. Mind you, you don't need to camp on the beach like we did....as there is accommodation in town :o)
Because the beaches are relatively untouched, the fishing's great. Dylan caught 6 fish. Not bad for an amateur :o) And of course we didn't run short of a fresh feed. Yum Yum.
Janine found this gorgeous star fish.
- Pros:Free beachside camping. Miles of untouched beaches. Great fishing.
- Cons:Stay away from the bees. Flies by the millions. Be careful of the snakes and take Mozzie spray or coils.
- In a nutshell:Hopetoun - A wild, natural place to enjoy endless pure white sand beaches.
The thing I love about camping is quiet time :o) By this I mean taking time to walk along the beach at dawn or dusk,... more travel advice
Can't get away from it. When you're on holiday you've still gotta do the washing. We just washed our clothes in sea... more travel advice
Written Mar 3, 2012
Random pix of Hopetoun
Written Mar 3, 2012
Salt Lakes Western Australia
aussirose's Related Pages
Hopetoun Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hopetoun
- 17 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Hopetoun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hopetoun
Photos in HopetounSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 34 reviews, 179 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues