"Joondalup Lake - Full of Australian Wildlife" Joondalup Lake by aussirose

Joondalup Lake Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 23 photos

Joondalup Lake is a local family picnic and bbq spot and not well known by tourists. It is a photographer and nature lovers dream spot as the place is teaming with wildlife and nature walks.

Joondalup is a northern suburb of Perth about 30 mins by train. I was inspired to visit with my camera and add some content to this page by a forum instigated by the vt man himself - G (giamperio6, Manager of VT!).

59,816 destinations on VT with content.....and counting

Joondalup Lake or commonly known as Neil Hawkins Park is home to many species of birds and ducks.

It's funny that vt does not have a location known as Joondalup, but has one for Joondalup Lake which is really Neil Hawkins Park. :o)

Anyway, this page not only is a first on vt but is a first for my new JVC video camera too. So let's see what videos I took and also stills.

Oh, and btw, my son and I enjoyed ourselves wandering around in the endeavour to create a first Joondalup Lake page on vt so much so that we will definately be back to add more lovely pix and tips to this page in the future :o)

• Last visit to Joondalup Lake: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2011

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

So nice you can get to such a place by public transport. That does make it a nice option for those of us who would rather not drive in Australia.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Sep 30, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Oh you are so sweet Glenn :o) Yes, this is indeed a hidden gem for those visiting Perth. And cheap and easy to get to by train. Of course, if you visited us.... we would not hesitate in taking you and yours in our car as it is not really far from where we live. Hugs, xx

aussirose Visits Here Frequently!

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Joondalup Lake

Have you been to Joondalup Lake?

Latest Activity in Joondalup Lake