"Katherine - Gorgeous Gorges!" Top 5 Page for this destination Katherine by aussirose

Katherine Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 324 photos

My first impression of Katherine was ho..humm ... not much here. In fact I had a pre-conceived idea the Katherine was a small town in the middle of no-where surrounded by hot dry desert!!

Well how wrong could I have been!! Even though the town of Katherine is not much to speak about.... just down the hill and out of the city centre is the river and what a gorgeous place!! Surrounded by nice shady trees.... I can imagine that in the hot summer months.... this would be the place to cool off!! :o)

Well this was nearly the end of our big across the continent journey from Cairns to Darwin after the big downunder meet at Airlie Beach.

Hubby and I had some spare cash so we decided on the spur of the moment to book a chopper trip over the famous Katherine Gorges.

WoW!!! .... Is all I can say right now!! It was my first chopper flight!! I was like a little kid with my first lolly pop!! ;o)

Well my first chopper flight was the best!! ....and now I am hooked!!

Just check out that pic!!! :o) Nice hey ;o)

What an amazing flight!! ....more about that in the travelogues below :o)

To follow my journey from Cairns to Darwin please click the link below. You can also access the link from my travelogue.

Pine Creek

• Pros:Katherine - gateway to the famous Katherine Gorges.
  • Cons:Hot, hot hot! Dry and dusty,
  • In a nutshell:Katherine Gorges ..... and that's it.
  • Last visit to Katherine: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2013

aussirose

“Live Life to the Fullest - Cheers to the Next Holiday!!”

Badges & Stats in Katherine

Have you been to Katherine?

Latest Activity in Katherine