"Nimbin - Home of the Alternative livestyle" Top 5 Page for this destination Nimbin by aussirose

Nimbin Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 68 photos

Downtown Nimbin

We decided to drop out of society many moons ago and ended up with a piece of land on a community at Nimbin. We had a lot of fun getting back to nature, bathing in a tub under the stars, skinny dippin' in the creeks etc. But we really are beach people and missed the beach lifestyle and shops :o) So we packed up and moved to the coast.
Nimbin was an adventure for us and is definately worth a visit. The scenery out there is beautiful and further afield, the border ranges are awesome.

Here's a pic of the wild country kids :o) Daisy, our Kelli, and rose.

• Pros:Cultural hippy community. Cute shops. Interesting day trip from Gold Coast.
  • Cons:Be careful on small narrow roads.
  • In a nutshell:Nimbin - a 'must see' if interested in alternative lifestyle.
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2011

• maysue's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Really nice homepage! Love the 3 little wild kids pics.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Wow, you were one of "those"! Very interesting. Thank you for including me in your "best pictures" segment and have a happy new year from "this person".

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Great place ! I know that milking is not an easy thing! That must have been an amazing experience!

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 2:47 PM

The last time I was in Oz I took my wife to Nimbin to show her some alternate living. And then to off to the Channon market.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Thanks for bringing back some great memories of a lovely area, Ann. We had friends who moved to Nimbin years back, old dairy farm - we often visited and stayed. Much younger then!!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Hi Ann, Looks like you had an enjoyable time, we only lasted 2 hours last Sept.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 8:18 AM

So Milo & Daisy had to be pretty selfish cows to skim off the cream!! A place called Nimbin only in Australia :-)

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 8:40 AM

Sounds like this was an awsome experience... it was refreshing to read about the positive aspects of this place! Shame the cows were not cooperating with ya :)

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2005 at 3:21 AM

Heh Ann loved this page. We too had cows to milk and can relate to chasing them in gumboots! Also we had a jersey and a calf just like the one in the pic! Her name was Baby and his was Toby...Cheers!

• sunburntaussie's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 6:47 AM

I love it! Sounds Amazing I love Nimbin and Byron Bay area. Great pics rose :)

aussirose Used To Live Here!

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Nimbin