"Normington - Home of the Famous Purple Pub" Normanton by aussirose

Normanton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 44 photos

Well what can I say?!! .... I had seen this pub on DennyP's pages and I just had to go there!! :o)

Well this was my plan of course.... as part of our trip across the top end from Cairns to Darwin after the big 2009 downunder vt meet at Airlie Beach.
If you are following along with us, there is link below.

Well I just loved the outside of the iconic great Purple Pub ...... but took one step inside and realised that it wasn't the pub for me.

And the opposition at the other end of the street... the green pub ...looked a bit too busy for my liking..... although I could probably have gone back there after for a bit of Kareoke..... sounds like they were having fun haha.....

So having checked out the two obvious pubs.... I settled for the one in the middle .... the Central Pub... haha ;o)

Everyone knows that a good outback Aussie town has a pub on every corner.... and Normington is up there.... in the good old Aussie tradition!! :o)

Well I am happy to say that my selection was excellant!! The pub was not too busy and not too sleezy. And the food was to die for!! .... more about that under my restaurant tip ;o)

Also the accommodation was right out the back.... good price.... and nice and clean!!

To follow my journey Cairns to Darwin please click the link below.
You can also access the link from my travelogue.

Burketown - Gateway to the Gulf of Carpenteria

• Pros:Normington - home of the famous Purple Pub and some famous old rail journey to Croydon.
  • Cons:Nothing to see - only 1 street with 3 pubs.
  • In a nutshell:Normington - great place for rail enthusiasts and people that like purple pubs.
  • Last visit to Normanton: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2012

Comments

aussirose

“Latest Photo - Photoshopped Frangipani Swirl.”

Badges & Stats in Normanton

Have you been to Normanton?