"Perth - Home of Lovely Beaches & Awesome Sunsets" Top 5 Page for this destination Perth by aussirose

Perth Travel Guide: 2,295 reviews and 4,829 photos

When visiting Australia a lot of people forget Perth, probably because it's the most isolated City in the world. But if you do choose to visit, then you definately won't be disspointed.

Perth has some great things going for it as you will see from my tips. Firstly, the beaches are spectacular and the sunsets stunning!! Perth is also a very clean city.. no smog, and the natives are very friendly and always up for a party or just a few quiet drinks with visitors overlooking the famous Swan River.

The best time to visit Perth is between March and May because the weather is at it's best and again in late September to early October for the famous wildflowers.....although it's a bit colder then.

If you are only in Perth for a few days then your 'must see' list should include Kings Park, Fremantle and Rottnest Island.

If you plan to do a tour then my suggestions are the Pinnacles for a day trip and Margaret River or Monkey Mia for at least a 3 day tour.

Of course there are plenty of other things to do in Perth and I have listed them in my tips so enjoy!!.....and if you need any help in planning your journey here or would like for me to arrange for you to meet some of the locals, then you are most welcome to email me as I'd love to help out :o)

2007 was a big year for Perth!! We hosted the 2nd big downunder vt meet and the poor place didn't know what hit it!! It's a wonder we didn't get chucked out!!!

43 lovely vt'ers hit town and rocked this little city....and gee did we have a blast!! Check out the full story on the travelogue below :o)

• Pros:Lovely Beaches. Friendly natives. Great wine.
  • Cons:Expensive Beer.
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2011

• Jan 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Thank you for sharing so much about Perth. I didn't know VT is so friendly and like a big family.
    I'll take my time to read everything you've wrote. I am planning my solo trip in oct 2014 and while googling, I chanced upon this forum and read about you helping many travellers. So sweet!
    Have a beautiful Sunday!

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM

All going well in the West I hope Ann. Just browsing around (for info on The Swan Bells), and I can't make out your Monkey Mia pic.
    I'm fairly familiar with the lovely locale. I so often replay my fairly OK video clip. ... I've probably got my wrong glasses on ... !!??? ;-)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Aug 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Hey Laurie! Howz it going mate?.... Well I still haven't been to Monkey Mia mate. Most north we've been to is Kalbarri. Hoping to get there one day. Say, don't feel like joining us for the big 2013 downunder meet next month do you?...... Hugs, Ann xx

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Hi Annie
    I was feeling a bit homesick, so decided to drop by your Perth page to get my WA fix!
    Such fun to revisit my old haunts - thanks for sharing!
    Regards
    Cathy

• lisa85202's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Wow~ What a sunset.... sunsets like that AND beaches! I'm jealous!! ;)

• appleseed81's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Hey Ann, how is it going? :)
    Love ur profile pic...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Hi Ann, this is a fine page on your beautiful home city. Great that your work on the 32nd floor with awesome views over the Swan River!

• kris-t's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Thank you for visiting our Paris page. We loved it! Perth look like a nice place to visit... Maybe some day... :)

• rebibi's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Thanks for sharing all these tips. Can't wait to see most of them within a few weeks.

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Always interesting to see what people write about their home city.

• northeast80's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Thanks for stopping by Ann. I too loved the Perth sunsets, I stayed in Bayswater for a month or so and saw some great ones. How I miss it!!!

aussirose Lives Here!

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Perth