"Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers" Top 5 Page for this destination Perth by aussirose
Perth Travel Guide: 2,296 reviews and 4,900 photos
Perth has some great things going for it as you will see from my tips. Firstly, the beaches are spectacular and the sunsets stunning!! Perth is also a very clean city.. no smog, and the natives are very friendly and always up for a party or just a few quiet drinks with visitors overlooking the famous Swan River.
The best time to visit Perth is between March and May because the weather is at it's best and again in late September to early October for the famous wildflowers.....although it's a bit colder then.
If you are only in Perth for a few days then your 'must see' list should include Kings Park, Fremantle and Rottnest Island although Rotto is expensive. Local trips by public transport would be the Perth Zoo, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Joondalup for shopping, cinema, great pubs and Joondalup Lake, south to Rockingham and Mandurah.
If you plan to do a tour outside Perth then my suggestions are the Pinnacles for a day trip and Margaret River or Monkey Mia for at least a 3 day trip. 7 Days - south to Albany - see tip.
Of course there are plenty of other things to do in Perth and I have listed them in my tips so enjoy!!.....
May I also suggest that if you are spending a few days in Perth then hire a car from the airport. Traffic and roads here are not as intimidating as other larger Cities and to get to some of the better attractions, you will need a car. Avis is probably the best. Don't go with the cheaper options as they are dodgy.
Yanchep National Park is one of those places, see my tip here. Also you'll need a car to visit Whiteman Park and Caversham Park and if you have a designated driver that doesn't drink, the Swan Valley is probably better to go to in a car. Some of the beaches north are easier to get to in a car like the beautiful Mullalloo beach.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy a rummage through my Perth pages and if you have any questions, then I'd be happy to help out.
If you would like to meet up with us locals, then flick me an email.
- Pros:Lovely Beaches. Friendly natives. Great wine. Stunning Wildflowers.
- Cons:Expensive Beer.
- In a nutshell:A 'must see' when visiting Australia
If you are staying in Perth and have done all the touristy things and are at a loss as to what to do for a day........... more travel advice
Perth is the home of the Red Bull Air Races. Held every year in November right on the shores of the famous Swan River,... more travel advice
- See All A Room with a View!
- See All Carnegie's in Murray Street
- See All Western Australia Tours
- See All Harbour Town - For Serious Shopaholics...
aussirose's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "Perth's Newest Hotel , Holiday Inn Burswood"
- "The city on the Swan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 64 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 541 Forum posts
- 260 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What country, trip or travel..."
- Commented on one of aussirose's Perth travelogues
- updated a Perth Travelogue "VT Meet for Bernd_L & Jadefrau from Germany 2015"
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Meet for Bernd_L & Jadefrau from Germany 2015"
- Commented on the Perth travel guide
- Wrote a Review Joondalup Lake in Perth Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Perth
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (160)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 34 reviews, 179 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 148 photos, 7 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues