"Resting place of VA OH_DK" Pine Creek by aussirose

Pine Creek Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 147 photos

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO NOMINATED THIS PAGE FOR THE FUNNIEST PAGES AT THE 2010 BARNEY AWARDS HERE ON VT!! YES THIS IS JUST ONE OF MY FUNNY PAGES ;o)

AND THANKS TO ALL YOU VA'S OUT THERE THAT ARE SILLY ENOUGH TO WANT TO COME WITH ME TO A VT MEET .... HEHEE!

If you have stumbled across this page, please don't think I've gone off my rocker :o) .....

Let me explain....

Well it all started when 12 vt'ers & 19 va's (that is virtual attendees) went on a big downunder survivor trip in the far outback of the Northern Territory.
Unfortunately 1 VA did not survive....

This is the last reported sighting of Ove (OH_DK) in Miners Park at Pine Creek.

Well it all started the day before when a few va's ignored the Danger sign and tresspassed where they shouldn't go....
I tell you, these virtual attendees really need to pay attention!!

We had by now left Kakadu and were heading to Pine Creek - Gold Town. There were a few in our mob that were interested in Australian history and especially mining stuff. Oh btw, Pine Creek was the first Gold Rush town in the Northern Territory.

So here we are at Miners Park in Pine Creek.
After a wonderful burger meal at the local cafe Mayse's and washed down by a cold beer next door at the pub, we headed down the road for a squiz at the local history of Pine Creek.

Well if you're passing through the area then it's worth it to stop here and have a read about the Gold Rush history. Miners Park has a wealth of info and interesting old stuff to check out.

Well as I said before, OH_DK certainly didn't pay attention to the above warning and when we stopped at this sign for a photo shoot.....unfortunately Ove stepped back and fell down a mine shaft!

Check out the travelogue below for full details & pix :o)

If you are following my journey from Cairns to Darwin please click the link below. You can also access the link from my travelogue.

Last stop! - Zig's home Noonamah Darwin

• Pros:Interesting Australian Gold Rush History. Nice burgers at Maiseys Cafe.
  • Cons:Beware of lost VA's down mine shafts.
  • In a nutshell:Interesting pit stop for lunch and a quick look around on top end Australia road trip.
  • Last visit to Pine Creek: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2012

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2014 at 4:28 AM

An entertaining page and travelogues .. well done.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Haha, The restplace of Ove! PJ

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM

How did I end up on this page? Have no idea but, thanks for the visit to Sydney pages and I just found out that my pic was chosen as pick of the week, only now the week's over! Yes, I do rate Brugge, but I reckon my Tassie pages are catching up. Hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas and I won't be able to make the next meeting as I'll be in Townsville with my new lady who's conducting lessons in fabric art. Cheers, Ian

• Paris92's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Well done on the Barney nom! Certainly well deserved!!!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Just spent the weekend re-living our wonder Survivor and Darwin VT Meets! Now checking out others' pages! Gillybob greetings

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Haha- funny how one VA did not survive...hilarious! You have very good sense of humour...and nice pages on Pine Creek...Norman :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Oh dear, poor Ove! I reckon he may never be the same again ;-)) Great little page Ann - you've really captured the atmosphere of the trip!

• dancinbudgie's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Great page! I wanna go back to the NT! Poor VA...

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Great report Ann. Well done. Carole.

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Ann I didn't know you had such healing powers!...poor Ove!

aussirose

“Live Life to the Fullest - Cheers to the Next Holiday!!”

Badges & Stats in Pine Creek

Have you been to Pine Creek?

Latest Activity in Pine Creek