"Resting place of VA OH_DK" Pine Creek by aussirose
Pine Creek Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 147 photos
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO NOMINATED THIS PAGE FOR THE FUNNIEST PAGES AT THE 2010 BARNEY AWARDS HERE ON VT!! YES THIS IS JUST ONE OF MY FUNNY PAGES ;o)
AND THANKS TO ALL YOU VA'S OUT THERE THAT ARE SILLY ENOUGH TO WANT TO COME WITH ME TO A VT MEET .... HEHEE!
Let me explain....
Well it all started when 12 vt'ers & 19 va's (that is virtual attendees) went on a big downunder survivor trip in the far outback of the Northern Territory.
Unfortunately 1 VA did not survive....
This is the last reported sighting of Ove (OH_DK) in Miners Park at Pine Creek.
Well it all started the day before when a few va's ignored the Danger sign and tresspassed where they shouldn't go....
I tell you, these virtual attendees really need to pay attention!!
We had by now left Kakadu and were heading to Pine Creek - Gold Town. There were a few in our mob that were interested in Australian history and especially mining stuff. Oh btw, Pine Creek was the first Gold Rush town in the Northern Territory.
So here we are at Miners Park in Pine Creek.
After a wonderful burger meal at the local cafe Mayse's and washed down by a cold beer next door at the pub, we headed down the road for a squiz at the local history of Pine Creek.
Well if you're passing through the area then it's worth it to stop here and have a read about the Gold Rush history. Miners Park has a wealth of info and interesting old stuff to check out.
Well as I said before, OH_DK certainly didn't pay attention to the above warning and when we stopped at this sign for a photo shoot.....unfortunately Ove stepped back and fell down a mine shaft!
Check out the travelogue below for full details & pix :o)
If you are following my journey from Cairns to Darwin please click the link below. You can also access the link from my travelogue.
- Pros:Interesting Australian Gold Rush History. Nice burgers at Maiseys Cafe.
- Cons:Beware of lost VA's down mine shafts.
- In a nutshell:Interesting pit stop for lunch and a quick look around on top end Australia road trip.
Most people know by now that if you are travelling long distances in Australia, it's easy to get tired and even fall... more travel advice
Forever more remembered as the place we lost poor OH_DK... Anyway, Miners Park is across the road from the rRailway... more travel advice
Written Mar 4, 2012
Pine Creek....the story
Written May 9, 2016
Oh_DK returns in 2009
aussirose's Related Pages
Pine Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Resting place of VA OH_DK"
- "Pine Creek and The Ghan"
- "Pine Creek - Last Remaining Gold Town of the North"
- "Pine Creek Northern Territory"
- "Pine Creek"
- "Pine Creek, Historic Gold Rush Town"
- "Pine Creek, Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pine Creek
- Transportation in Pine Creek
- Restaurants in Pine Creek
- Shopping in Pine Creek
- Warnings and Dangers in Pine Creek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pine Creek
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Pine Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pine Creek
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Profiling while travelling "
- updated a Pine Creek Travel Page "Resting place of VA OH_DK"
- aussirose updated an itinerary 8 day 4 wheel drive adventure Darwin to the tip of Australia.
- Commented on one of aussirose's Pine Creek tips
- Uploaded a Video to Pine Creek
- Uploaded a Photo to "Oh_DK returns in 2009"
- Wrote a Review Take a Break in Pine Creek Warnings and Dangers
Photos in Pine CreekSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 66 reviews, 172 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues