"Welcome to Wine Country!!!! :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Pokolbin by aussirose

Pokolbin Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 142 photos

The Hunter Valley

Polkobin is in the heart of wine country, 3hrs nth of Sydney.
We had a lovely holiday here minus kids (well we had Jesse with us - 11months). I have lots of tips to share - hope you have as much fun checking out my pages as I did making them :o)
Also above the Hunter Valley is a place called Barrington Tops - in the surrounding mountains. It snows there in winter and it's a beautiful place for bush walks and nature.

Do you love nature? Then you simply must stay at Barrington Tops Guest House!!! We had a wonderful holiday there.

Barrington Tops

• Pros:Hunter Valley - home of some of Australia's best white wines.
  • Cons:Long day trip from Sydney. Better to spend more time.
  • In a nutshell:'Must See' for Australian wine when visiting Sydney.
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2012

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Great wine-tour, thanks for sharing, Ann !

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Wow, a great wine tour ! It all looks very scenic too. May be horse and buggy is better than driving if you make all the wineries in a row!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 2:03 AM

I LOVE wine tours. This sounds like a fantastic area for wine enthuiasts. The passion fruit/white wine sounded delicious! Hope your birthday is a blast!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Sounds as if you had a really enjoyable week here, Ann. You have reminded me that we must head up that way again ourselves some time soon - it's been years!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Wow! Tons of wineries like in California's Napa Valley. Australia wine is popular here - Lindemans Shiraz - Chapel Hill Cabernet Sauvignon - Yellow Tail Shiraz. I like the idea of BYOW in some restaurants.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Lovely page, had some great Australian wines now in the UK. Keep up the good work ;-)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Excellent page of Pokolbin. Congrats on getting the certificate. Thoroughly enjoyed a virtual tour of all the wineries and I must confess, a little bit tipsy, virtually. Cheers, SL :)

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2005 at 10:51 PM

I had a nice Hunter white the other night, but tonight I've got a bottle of NZ sauvignon blanc chilling : )

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2005 at 3:46 AM

Those wines looked very nice! Mmmm! Now I have added the Hunter Valley to my list of places to see. Great pic of the Hawkesbury and the Valley itself. Very interesting about winemaking too!!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 3:42 AM

Funny, but I know Rutherglen, The Barossa, The Clare & Margaret River a lot better than I know the Hunter & it's under 2 hours drive from here. So, your tips have been a gr8 help to me. Like to try that light Shiraz at Mistletoe. Cheers!

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Pokolbin

Have you been to Pokolbin?

Latest Activity in Pokolbin