"Tamworth - Australia's Home of Country Music" Top 5 Page for this destination Tamworth by aussirose

Tamworth Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 146 photos

Tamworth Rainforest

Hubby's sister lives at Tamworth. Tamworth is well known in Australia for Country music and they have a big festival in January every year. The cream of Country Music all converge on this place and Tamworth comes alive for a couple of weeks. Tamworth is definately worth a visit.

• Pros:Beautiful country scenery. Country Music Festival in January.
  • Cons:Crowded in January for Country Music Festival.
  • In a nutshell:Great Australian outback country destination.
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2012 at 2:54 AM

The waterhole looks enticing. I must get to the Festival one year!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Hey Annie, I didn't realise that Tamworth had a rain forest? I consider myself educated!
    Mention of Slim Dusty made me go misty eyed - I don't think I'll ever forget him singing 'Waltzing Matilda' at the Sydney closing ceremony, and I even have a Wiggles DVD on which he does an amusing star turn!

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 2:37 PM

I had a fun night in Tamworth although it was a blinder. I'm not much of a country listener but I do have a couple of Slim dusty CD's.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 4:08 AM

That Keith Urban sure is a hottie!

• huwhit's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 5:07 AM

Tamworth's not far from me!! Sounds like you had a good time during your visit! It's so hot during festival time!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 7:46 AM

Tamworth is lovely, nice music too!!! Regards.

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 4:05 AM

DILLIGA Country and Western? Tamworth Australia looks a tad better than Tamworht near Birmingham UK.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 3:50 PM

Mum grew up in Tamworth, still have an uncle there so have visited occasionally over the years. Was even there once during the country music festival. Knee slappin' toe tappin' etc. No I'm not that much into country music. Nice place though, Tamworth.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2003 at 5:36 PM

Who likes country music? You do!

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2003 at 6:49 PM

Nice page...I've only been through there once on the way to QLD...must visit properly some time...

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Strawberry drop bokeh.”

Badges & Stats in Tamworth

Have you been to Tamworth?