"Toodyay - A Country Town 2hrs north of Perth" Toodyay by aussirose
Toodyay Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 235 photos
Hubby and I attended our first photography meet here in 2013 here at a place called Boshack, a few miles north of Toodyay. (More about that in my travelogue below).
Toodyay (pronounced Toojay) is about 2 hours north of Perth and is a quaint historical town full of charactor and friendly locals.
Latest update 2015 and our good vt friend MaySue from KL visited so we decided to take her to Toodyay to experience some good old Aussie countryside and our famous wildflowers. Check out the story below.
Toodyay was one of the first inland villages in Western Australia. As such, the main street is full of beautiful heritage buildings. Connor's Mill is the icon of Toodyay and is an historical memory of the old wheat milling days. Today it has been restored and is now a museum.
Todyay is also the home of old vintage cars. Every weekend the streets are lined with all sorts of lovely old cars.
During the wildflower season from late August through to November sometimes, Toodyay and the surrounding countryside comes alive with colour.
Kangaroo Paws are native to Western Australia. You will see them right through from spring to mid summer whilst most wildflowers have finished flowering by the end of Spring. Kangaroo Paws are often used here in Western Australian street garden beds because of their hardy nature and long flowering period.
If you would like to do an "off the beaten path" couple of days outside of Perth and are looking for something different, then I strongly suggest you hire a car and head north to Toodyay. We had a great time and I know you will too :o)
- Pros:Beautiful Country Scenery, wildflowers and home of old vintage cars
- Cons:Need a car to get there
- In a nutshell:Definately worth a visit
In the main street of Toodyay just up the road from Sophia's Restaurant is the most cutest little Tea shop. Tea for... more travel advice
September/October also is a good time to check out the Canola fields which are in full bloom. We stopped on Bindoon... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Toodyay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Toodyay"
- "HISTORIC TOODYAY"
- "Toodyay - A Country Town 2hrs north of Perth"
- "Wildest town in the West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toodyay
- Hotels in Toodyay
- Transportation in Toodyay
- Nightlife in Toodyay
- Restaurants in Toodyay
- Shopping in Toodyay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toodyay
- 8 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Toodyay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toodyay
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Have you ever experienced an..."
- updated a Toodyay Travelogue "Streets of Toodyay and some Countryside"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Streets of Toodyay and some Countryside"
- Wrote a Review Tea Lovers & General Quaint Gift Shopping in Toodyay Shopping
- Commented on one of aussirose's Toodyay tips
Photos in ToodyaySee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 66 reviews, 172 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues