"Toodyay - A Country Town 2hrs north of Perth" Toodyay by aussirose
Toodyay Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 139 photos
Do you like my latest photo?!! Stunning hey !! :o) Hubby and I attended our first photography meet recently at a place called Boshack, a few miles north of Toodyay. (More about that in my travelogue below).
Toodyay (pronounced Toojay) is about 2 hours north of Perth and is a quaint historical town full of charactor and friendly locals.
Toodyay was one of the first inland villages in Western Australia. As such, the main street is full of beautiful heritage buildings. Connor's Mill is the icon of Toodyay and is an historical memory of the old wheat milling days. Today it has been restored and is now a museum.
Todyay is also the home of old vintage cars. Every weekend the streets are lined with all sorts of lovely old cars.
During the wildflower season from late August through to November sometimes, Toodyay and the surrounding countryside comes alive with colour.
Kangaroo Paws are native to Western Austraia. You will see them right through from spring to mid summer whilst most wildflowers have finished flowering by the end of Spring. Kangaroo Paws are often used here in Western Australian street garden beds because of their hardy nature and long flowering period.
If you would like to do an "off the beaten path" couple of days outside of Perth and are looking for something different, then I strongly suggest you hire a car and do an overnight trip to Boshack. We had a great time and I know you will too :o)
- Pros:Beautiful Country Scenery, wildflowers and home of old vintage cars
- Cons:Need a car to get there
- In a nutshell:Definately worth a visit
There is not alot to do at Toodyay itself well except for having deavonshire tea in the cafe or a drink or two in the... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Toodyay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Toodyay"
- "Toodyay - A Country Town 2hrs north of Perth"
- "Wildest town in the West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toodyay
- Hotels in Toodyay
- Transportation in Toodyay
- Nightlife in Toodyay
- Restaurants in Toodyay
- Shopping in Toodyay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toodyay
- 3 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Toodyay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toodyay
Photos in ToodyaySee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 34 reviews, 179 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues