Yanchep Things to Do Tips by aussirose Top 5 Page for this destination
Yanchep Things to Do: 63 reviews and 100 photos
Boat Hire Yanchep National Park by aussirose
Besides bushwalking, picnics and bbq's which are free, there's lot's of other activities to do here.
Boating, caves, koala viewing and aboriginal dance show to name a few. These all come at various prices. Book and pay at the gift shop.
To get into the park it costs a little over $12AU per car then the rest is up to you.
Koalas Yanchep National Park by aussirose
You don't have to pay big money to see Australia Animals in their natural habitat. All you need to do is read and save tips like this.
Yanchep National Park, just 1hr drive north of Perth is the place to go to get close up and personal with Australian animals and plants. The Koalas here are well looked after and a pleasure to view and take pictures of as you walk around the meandering board walk in the Eucalypt forrest at Yanchep National Park. And it's all free!
Yanchep Tea Room or Cafe by aussirose
If you forget to bring your lunch, or like us decided to go on the spur of the moment, then I recommend a visit to the Cafe on site.
The food is good old country. I had the pumpkin soup and home made bread and totally enjoyed it. The Cafe is also great for Devonshire Tea and they have an array of home made Chocolate to die for!!
And tell you a secret.......I reckon I know why so many kangaroos turned up. Yep, they turned up to meet the celeb!
Apparently the famous Australian Swimmer Ian Thorpe just ate at the cafe before we arrived...and he was sitting on the very chair Alli occupied! Fancy that?!!
Birdlife Yanchep National Park by aussirose
Yanchep National Park is teaming with wildlife. If you are a bird watcher or you love ducks, then you will just love this place!!
Yanchep National Park Kangaroos by aussirose
If you want to see a kangaroo in the wild, then I highly recommend that you visit Yanchep National Park. You will see the most roos just before dusk.
Picnic Yanchep National Park by aussirose
This place is wonderful for a picnic. Nothing like bringing fresh bread rolls, cold meat, cheese, salad stuff, toppings, fruit and a beer or two to wash it down with.
If you feel like a bbq instead then there are bbq facilites here as well.
Bushwalking Yanchep National Park by aussirose
If you love a bush walk that is not too strenuous (believe me I wouldn't do it if it was ;o) but still feels like an adventure through the good old Australian scrub, then Yanchep National Park is the place to visit.
The walk goes right around this lake and takes about 40 minutes to complete at a nice easy pace.
Roadie for the trip by aussirose
As our good old Aussie TV Mate Russell Coit always says, 'Mate, you've gotta have a roadie for the trip!' (Or one for the road).
So on Monday morning after the big Perth vt meet hubby and I, Adelaidean and her hubby Bob, and allikat all piled into the car with a roadie for the trip to Yanchep.
More Reviews (1)
aussirose's Related Pages
Yanchep Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Yanchep"
- "Yanchep National Park - Koalas, Kangaroos & More"
- "Yanchep National Park"
- "YANCHEP NATIONAL PARK"
- "Yanchep - home to Yanchep national park"
- "Yanchep!! the place to be..."
- "Yanchep...on the way to Two Rocks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yanchep
- Hotels in Yanchep
- Transportation in Yanchep
- Restaurants in Yanchep
- Shopping in Yanchep
- Warnings and Dangers in Yanchep
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yanchep
- 9 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Yanchep?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yanchep
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The Friday VT Pub"
- updated a Yanchep Travel Page "Yanchep National Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunset over Yanchep Lake by aussirose"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Yanchep travelogues
- Wrote a Review Koalas at Yanchep National Park in Yanchep Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Yanchep
Photos in YanchepSee All Photos (79)
Videos in YanchepSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 66 reviews, 172 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues