"Yanchep National Park" Yanchep by aussirose
Yanchep Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 204 photos
If you like doing off the beaten path stuff then you should definately put this on your list of things to do whilst visiting Perth.
Just a short 1hr drive from Perth and you will feel like you are amongst some of Perth's best flora and fauna. And that is just a couple of things that Yanchep National Park has to offer. There are caves, shows, art & craft gift shop, Devonshire Cafe and a big old Inn with a beer garden to relax in.
There is accommodation too, so you can stay overnight if you really want to soak up the atmosphere.
The Koalas at Yanchep National Park are well looked after.
It's a place where you can get up close to Koalas in their natural environment, no cages, just plenty of Eucalypt trees for them to hang out in.
Isn't he cute!! :o)
Australian wildflowers are in abundance here. It doesn't matter what time of year you visit, you will always find plenty of unique Australian flora that will totally amaze you.
Just make sure you have ample space on your camera and be prepared to walk slowely and keep on the lookout.
- Pros:Bushwalking, caves, Aboriginal show, kangaroos, koalas, free bbq's, Cafe, Pub, gift shop.
- Cons:Costs just over $10 to get into the National Park.
- In a nutshell:Great day out from Perth. See kangaroos in the wild.
You don't have to pay big money to see Australia Animals in their natural habitat. All you need to do is read and save... more travel advice
If you love a bush walk that is not too strenuous (believe me I wouldn't do it if it was ;o) but still feels like an... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Yanchep Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Yanchep"
- "Yanchep National Park - Koalas, Kangaroos & More"
- "Yanchep National Park"
- "Yanchep - home to Yanchep national park"
- "Yanchep!! the place to be..."
- "Yanchep...on the way to Two Rocks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yanchep
- Hotels in Yanchep
- Transportation in Yanchep
- Restaurants in Yanchep
- Shopping in Yanchep
- Warnings and Dangers in Yanchep
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yanchep
- 9 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Yanchep?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yanchep
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Who's Brave Enough?"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Yanchep tips
- updated a Yanchep Travelogue "Pix with my new Canon 60D Camera & Fisheye Lense"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pix with my new Canon 60D Camera & Fisheye Lense"
- Wrote a Review Koalas at Yanchep National Park in Yanchep Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Yanchep
Photos in YanchepSee All Photos (68)
Videos in YanchepSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 40 reviews, 239 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 127 photos, 11 travelogues