"York - The Oldest Inland Town in WA" Top 5 Page for this destination York by aussirose

York Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 201 photos

We visited York as part of the Big Downunder VT Meet tagalong car trip. Hubby and I have been here before and liked it ..... so much so that it was the first place to go down on the long list of stuff planned for this trip.

The 2013 Aussie VT Meet consisted of a tagalong road trip into the Aussie outback - the first of such organised in Australia for a vt meet and not the last.... We have plans :o)

York - Our first destination from Perth - is steeped in history as can be seen from the beautiful old buildings here.

In keeping with the vintage theme, I changed this photo of the main street to sepia. Not bad hey.

The first settlers arrived in 1831. Governor Stirling was captivated by the rolling hills here and beautiful countryside with rich farmland and it reminded him of Yorkshire back home. Thus the name York.

I love the beautiful historical buildings in York with glorious decorative carved facias.

Just to make it extra special there was a wedding and we stopped along with the other photographers to snap off a few photos of the bridal party as they walked along the main street. More about that in the travelogue below.

Click this link to follow along our road trip. There is also another link at the end of my travelogue below - Next destination Quairading

• Last visit to York: Sep 2013
  • Intro Updated Sep 23, 2013

Comments

aussirose

“Live Life to the Fullest - Cheers to the Next Holiday!!”

Badges & Stats in York