"Ho Chi Minh City - Nonstop Buzz!!" Ho Chi Minh City by aussirose

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: 3,131 reviews and 7,263 photos

Ho Chi Minh City is like no other place I've ever been to! What a hive of activity!! Seems like everyone is going someplace, but never getting there :o) I was totally fascinated with the place....couldn't get enough of it!! It's a shame we were only there for one and a half days on our recent Superstar Gemini Cruise. One day I promise, I will be back to savour the place fully!!

What a greeting!! Ladies in traditional dress lined the harbour as we sailed in.....and they let off a thousand balloons.

Just shows you what friendly people the Vietnamese are!!

Just before dawn we arrived at the river mouth and travelled slowely up to Ho Chi Minh. We were told the night before that it would take 2 hours to travel up the river. This was definately most enjoyable. Hubby and I hit the deck just before dawn and took some sunrise pix. and spent the next couple of hours in awe of the little villages so close and the friendly waves from the children :o) We could feel the excitement building!! :o)

• Pros:Friendly people. Cheap shopping. Vibrant and alive.
  • Cons:Some streets smelly.
  • In a nutshell:Vibrant and a lovey cultural experiece.
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2011

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Great summary of a city i love so much. Thank you.

• heydelin's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Hi Ann! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pages! Im so keen for HCMC this weekend! :) Haydee

• heydelin's Profile Photo
      Apr 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Yes Ann, you helped me alot! Gotta try those tea, send postcard to my mates and go shopping at Ben Than! And I'm gonna wear some Ao Dai too! You have a wonderful family :) Haydee

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Apr 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Haha mate :o) Glad to help! Have a fantastic time!! xx

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2012 at 6:20 AM

This sort of reminded me of some of the things we had when I lived in Bangkok...the monsoons..the bargaining, the crazy traffic. Great pages Ann!

• Apr 30, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Great page ! I once saw a video about the Jay walk to cross streets in Vietnam, looks great !

• stevemt's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM

This brought back memories of my time in HCM city. I loved it as well

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Excellent tips! We are visiting there in Jan.I've added someof your tips to our travel planner.Thanks.

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Great page on Saigon!Crossing the roads took me some time although I am used to weird crossing habits...:-)Thank you for seeing my Chalico page!Greetings Herwig

• alza's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2010 at 6:47 PM

LOL you have to call it Saigon to find the tourist office! :) I'd love to see this city! thanks for great tips Ann! & your nice comments on Paris :)

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Lovely page on Ho Chi Minh City! The city's Post Office is an amazing building. We hope to visit the city one day! Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Hi Ann..great pages with lots of informative tips and pics..seems like the road crossings are a bit of a worry...smile...thanks for sharing Denny ..

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City

Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?

Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City