"Mespelbrunn and a Cute Castle on a Pond" Mespelbrunn by aussirose

Mespelbrunn Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos

When planning the car trip through Germany on our big Europe holiday I had Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber on the list and the next thing to see was the Rhine River. So armed with google maps and vt pages I was looking for a place to stay overnight along the way.

That is when I found Mespelbrunn and this cute castle on a pond in the middle of a forest - thanks to Globetrott's page. This was our first Castle sighting on our trip and I was excited!! :o)

In fact you really should visit Michael's pages because I gleamed alot from his tips and consequently this, plus the next few places that we visited were from all from Michael's pages. Thanks a million mate! :o)

So as I said, I saw this amazing gorgeous Castle on Globetrott's Mespelbrunn page and that was it! I was in love!! :o) We just had to visit this place!! :o)

We stayed overnight at a Hotel recommended by vt local Trikki and the next morning drove the car out to the spot, parked and walked in. btw, we saw the place the Globetrott stayed at which was near here and it looked lovely.

The forrest was lovely and green and a pleasure to walk through.

The first sighting of the castle was everything I had imagined!

Not being a history buff, I found myself imagining the pure ingenious idea of building a Castle in the forest, hidden from the enemy. With the added pond and moat, the inhabitants were probably a lot smarter than some of the others that built their Castles in open view on top of a hill. :o)

Anyway, by this time I was captivated with the lovely pond and shimmering reflections in the still water. Nice hey :o)
More about that in my travelogue.

You can also access my travelogue from my Mespelbrunn Tips after you have read them.

IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ALONG MY EUROPE TRIP THAT STARTED OFF FROM ZURICH, THERE IS A LINK AT THE END OF THE TRAVELOGUE.

• Pros:A Cute Castle on a Pond in the Forrest
  • Cons:Nothing
  • In a nutshell:Mespelbrunn - A definate must see in Germany
  • Last visit to Mespelbrunn: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Love the Castle Ann, and I'm with you on the cold water!!!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Jun 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Hey thanks Dee :o) Yes this place was a little Gem..... and there was no way I was going near that freezing water haha :o) Hugs Ann xx

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I am really glad to see, that VT-tips can change an itinerary ! ;-)

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Mespelbrunn

Have you been to Mespelbrunn?

Latest Activity in Mespelbrunn