"Mespelbrunn and a Cute Castle on a Pond" Mespelbrunn by aussirose
Mespelbrunn Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
That is when I found Mespelbrunn and this cute castle on a pond in the middle of a forest - thanks to Globetrott's page. This was our first Castle sighting on our trip and I was excited!! :o)
In fact you really should visit Michael's pages because I gleamed alot from his tips and consequently this, plus the next few places that we visited were from all from Michael's pages. Thanks a million mate! :o)
So as I said, I saw this amazing gorgeous Castle on Globetrott's Mespelbrunn page and that was it! I was in love!! :o) We just had to visit this place!! :o)
We stayed overnight at a Hotel recommended by vt local Trikki and the next morning drove the car out to the spot, parked and walked in. btw, we saw the place the Globetrott stayed at which was near here and it looked lovely.
The forrest was lovely and green and a pleasure to walk through.
The first sighting of the castle was everything I had imagined!
Not being a history buff, I found myself imagining the pure ingenious idea of building a Castle in the forest, hidden from the enemy. With the added pond and moat, the inhabitants were probably a lot smarter than some of the others that built their Castles in open view on top of a hill. :o)
Anyway, by this time I was captivated with the lovely pond and shimmering reflections in the still water. Nice hey :o)
More about that in my travelogue.
You can also access my travelogue from my Mespelbrunn Tips after you have read them.
IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ALONG MY EUROPE TRIP THAT STARTED OFF FROM ZURICH, THERE IS A LINK AT THE END OF THE TRAVELOGUE.
- Pros:A Cute Castle on a Pond in the Forrest
- In a nutshell:Mespelbrunn - A definate must see in Germany
We stayed here on the suggestion of local Trekki. Ingrid did some research for us and said that the owners at this Hotel... more travel advice
We had dinner in the dining room of Hotel Zum Engel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was yummy and the... more travel advice
aussirose's Related Pages
Mespelbrunn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mespelbrunn
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Mespelbrunn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mespelbrunn
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Looking for links for VT Flag..."
- updated a Mespelbrunn Travel Page "Mespelbrunn and a Cute Castle on a Pond"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Mespelbrunn travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mespelbrunn and a Cute Castle on a Pond"
- Uploaded a Video to Mespelbrunn
- Wrote a Review Best Hotel in Town in Mespelbrunn Hotels
Photos in MespelbrunnSee All Photos (22)
Videos in MespelbrunnSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues