"Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman by aussirose

Pulau Tioman Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,047 photos

I wanted to do something I had never done before on my 50th milestone. I also had promised the family that we would go overseas together..... We did both!!

What a wonder discovery - Pulau Tioman (Pulau means Island) - off the east coast of Malaysia in the South China Sea.

I did my first underwater dive!! In fact Howie and I did two dives!! And had a wonderful time! :o)

Pulau Tioman was a nice way to finish off our Malaysian Holiday - we had just spent 4 days in busy Kuala Lumpur.

The snorkling here is great too!! We all did a snorkling trip as part of our accommodation package deal.

There's different ranges of accommodion on Pulau Tioman I chose Paya Beach Resort (middle of the range). We didn't want to stay anywhere too touristy however we did want to stay right on the beach. Paya Beach Resort fitted the bill perfectly!

Sunsets, coctails, snooker, swimming, beach walking - no Kareoke as promised (I was a bit disappointed about that) but all in all it was the perfect spot for a few days of relaxation to end our lovely holiday :o)

Pulau Tioman - best described as a Rustic Paradise!!

• Pros:Stunning beaches. Cheap Diving. Awesome snorkling. Duty Free Island.
  • Cons:If arriving by plane travel light due to luggage restrictions.
  • In a nutshell:A diving and snorkling dream destination.
  • Last visit to Pulau Tioman: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2011

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Great photos from tioman ann.
    I'm going there myself this week.
    Hope you and the family is doing well.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Hi Ann
    Always wanted to go here, but somehow got waylaid whenever I was in Malaysia ... thanks for the virtual tour and for renewing my enthusiasm.
    Regards

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Looks blissful - great photos. And, again, tempting. Gillybob greetings

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2010 at 7:42 AM

looks like a great place to relax...great tips and pics...thanx for sharing...will return to see more...

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman

Have you been to Pulau Tioman?

Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman