"Bad Wimpfen - Quaint Timber Houses & a Blue Tower!" Bad Wimpfen by aussirose

Bad Wimpfen Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 247 photos

This is the only bad town we visited in Germany. I was amazed at the amount of bad towns in Germany. So much so that before our trip I posted this forum -
Just A Bad Observation

And I learnt that Bad actually means spa. ......Haha, had you going there for a bit didn't I ;o)

It was fun reading that thread again. The months of planning and brilliant help from you fellow vt'ers certainly helped us select the best places to see in the limited time that we had on our road trip through Germany as part of our big trip of a lifetime through Europe :o)

This was our second day on the road. We started our road trip the day before from Zurich and had driven through Lake Konstanz, the Black Forrest and Titisee and spent the night at Ettlingen, meeting Kathrin_E and tini58de (what a fun night that was). Check out the photos on my Ettlingen page :o)

So Bad Wimpfen is a spa town. Germany has s lot of Spa or towns with natural springs. I chose Bad Wimpfen when I was looking at places to see between Ettlingen and our next destination Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber.

I found Bad Wimpfen whilst looking through LoriPori's pages and I thought....yep, that looks like a place we definately want to visit! Thanks Lori for your tips, great pages and photos. We owe you big time mate!! xx

Bad Wimpfen is a very old Medieval town that was occupied by the Romans and as such has a tower, old fortress and Chapel that were common at that period of time.

I was looking forward to seeing the amazing blue tower that is perched at the top of the hill and overlooks the town and Neckar valley below. Not only was this an amazing site, but the timber houses and cobbled stone streets had the WoW factor too.

Link to Things To Do.

IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY TRIP THROUGH EUROPE STARTING FROM ZURICH,
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO - ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER.

• Pros:Quaint, timber houses, blue tower and cobblestone streets - not bad at all! :o)
  • Cons:Steep hills
  • In a nutshell:An amazing off the beaten path place in Germany
  • Last visit to Bad Wimpfen: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2012

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Oh yes, you see, some of the Bad-villages of Germany are not bad at all ! ;-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2011 at 6:04 PM

What a gorgeous town! I love those half timbered houses, and like you, couldn't stop photographing them!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2011 at 5:46 AM

I'm off to Bad Wimpfen again tomorrow and I very much enjoyed reading about your time there and your pictures. It is hard to walk there sometimes, especially after you've been to the Christmas Market for some hours.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Hey Ann: I love this page on Bad Wimpfen and so pleased that you went to visit here. The t'log on "Doors" is very good. As you say, It was a little tricky to get there but so worth it. Thanks for the memories mate. Lori

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Haha what a a bad town this was eh good thing that bad means bath and not bad as we know it great page Ann

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Strawberry drop bokeh.”

Badges & Stats in Bad Wimpfen

Have you been to Bad Wimpfen?