"G'DAY FROM DOWNUNDER" aussirose's Profile

Hi. I'm Ann. Welcome to my humble pages :o)

I've been on vt since April 2001 and have seen a lot of changes.... People come and go.... But the vt community spirit still stays the same.

VT is one of those sites that give you a warm welcome and then you get addicted. Some leave... but come back. And you know why?.... because this site if full of nice people with the same values who want to see the world... who want to meet the locals and others with same interests. That is what makes this site continue to get better.

In short... vt is constantly evolving but it is the nice people here who make this site thrive.

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

What's new?... Last holiday was in September to Margaret River - check out my road trip travelogue below.

Next holiday is in March back to KL. This time we will visit the Grand Prix for our first time. How exciting! :o) Catch up with our KL vt friends and do a side trip to India for the first time. Can't wait! :o) We will fly into Kerala and check out Fort Kochi and the beautiful backwaters. Should make for some great photos!

Later in Sep 2014 we will be attending the big downunder meet in Cairns. Our big downunder meets are always fun. Ask me about them if you are interested :o)

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

Hubby and I have developed a keen interest in Photography so I will be regularly updating photos here on my home page. There is a link further down to my travelogue if you are interested. I welcome all feedback :o)

This photo is of Zurich. Like it? :o) Sort of grungy hey ;o)
I enjoy playing around in Photoshop Elements and also Picasa. I recently downloaded a new app in Photoshop called Topaz Labs that makes photos sort of grungy and HDRish. Not for everyone.... but I really like it :o)

Anyway, I'm always changing my home page with the latest stuff.... so please come back and visit from time to time and leave me a little comment.
Cheers,
Ann.

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

Our big 2011 Europe and Morocco trip was awesome!

We experienced so many new adventures and amazing sights!

Some of the things that we did for the first time were driving on the other side of the road, strolling on cobbledstone streets, listening to chiming clocks, seeing many different castles and magnificant Palaces, walking on the walls surrounding ancient cities, viewing gorgeous old tudar style buildings, boat tours on quaint canals, experiencing life on a houseboat, the Eiffel tower, staying in a riad right in the heart of a bustling medina, walking through the ruins of ancient kasbahs, having tea with nomads in the Sahara desert, sleeping out under the stars in the desert, being awestruck at the sight of goats in trees, riding horse and carriage amongst congested streets, driving a convertible around hilly countryside, tasting different beers and checking out beautiful old buildings with unusual architecture and interesting wrought iron trimmings.

All this was coupled with meeting many lovely vt friends and sharing great times along the way. Hubby and I are forever greatful for all of you who helped make our trip a fantastic memory to last for a lifetime!!

It's difficult to choose just one favourite place. The Sahara Desert trip with guide Habib.was one of those experiences that we never wanted to end! Check out my Morocco page.

Hubby and I both loved Belgium. Brugge was definitely a highlight. We can't wait to go back in 2015 for the big Euro vt meet in Tongeren.

And of course who can forget Paris my childhood dream :o) I just loved everything about Paris!!

I have created a travel memory of our big Europe trip with and an entertaining storyline plus reviews and links to my pages. So please click the link below and enjoy the ride!

I look forward to your comments :o)

aussirose's Big Europe Trip

Well Thank you for visiting my humble pages.

A little bit about aussirose.

I was born and raised in Brisbane, hubby Howie in Sydney. We have 4 lovely children and a grandson. We are fortunate enough to have lived in quite a few places in Australia and as such our children have experienced more than the average Australian kid which has given them a well balanced foundation to build on in life.

I joined vt as I was planning a big Europe trip. That trip now has been and gone with loads of awesome memories. See my travelogue below.

Next big trip will be in a few years. This time to the southern states of USA and a Carribean Cruise. But that is a few years off, so in the meantime we will be taking small trips to Asia which is easily accessible to us Australians and cheap. Also we may try to fit in a few driving trips within Australia.

As most of you already know by now, I love the simple things in life....and you can't get much more simple than enjoying a fabulous sunset with a few glasses of wine and a smorgasboard of cheese, crackers, dip, fresh bread, peppery olive oil, olives etc.... Living within a leasurely 10 minutes walk to the beach, we are spoilt in this regard :o)

And don't forget, if you are passing through, please flick me a quick email and let me know so I can help you plan the best places to see in Australia.

Cya round vt!!!!
Cheers,
Ann :o)

Besides sunsets and learning more about the beautiful places in the world. I love bbq's and picnics. Beaches are my passion and I daydream a lot :o)
I love music too, just about anything,....well except opera haha. Music is a mood thing and usually I love to hear lively dance stuff, especially when I'm doing boring housework lol.
When I find the time I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles too.

Awesome Beach Pix

I nearly forgot,..... besides beaches and sunsets, I love tropical flowers. Hibiscus are my favourite, with frangipani close second. Somehow, I didn't think the nic Aussibiscus sounded right?!! lol - so that's why I became Aussirose.... Anyway, I do love the scent of deep red roses,....mmmmm :o)

Did you know that Western Australia is famous for it's wild flowers? Late August to early October is the best time to be here for this spectacular display!! Whole fields of colour can be seen and of course our famous kangaroo paw flower and an unusual wreath type flower can be spotted as well. Check it out for yourself here -

Western Australia Wildflowers

After recently having been converted to the world of DSLR photography - I bought my first big camera - a Canon 60D DSLR.

Here is where I will display my latest favourite pic. Having started with an evening shot of dead trees in a lake and the whole tungston blue milky water effect, I was keen to get a better shot.

I don't think that this one matches, but here it is. Taken whilst at a photoshoot recently at South Perth overlooking Perth skyline from the other side of the Swan River. We were having fun with light painting and this is one of the effects. For more, check out the link below.

Favourite Canon 60D Pix

Planning our Big Europe trip was the reason I joined vt in 2001. Ten years later in 2011 we realised that dream. The memories of which are recorded here on vt as not only my travel blog, but as a treasure for our family and hopefully some tips for you if you are planning to do something similar.

If you haven't read any of my pages, then I suggest you start here. I am proud of what I have written and the pictures I have taken and the funny stories as well. My writing style is storylike. I am not a cut and paste statistics off the web kind of person and I do not believe my pages are boring. I fact the opposite. I write my feelings about the place (each place has something going for it) and I try to throw in a few funny stories to keep your interest.

So grab a drink or 3 and a few snax and click one of the links below -

Travelogue summary of our Big Europe Trip 2011 by aussirose

Skip the Travelogue and go Straight to the Action - Big Europe Trip 2011 by aussirose

2010 we visited Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the first time. KL was steamy hot compared to our Aussie winter....but the warmth was welcome :o)

The hilight of our trip was spending a few days on a rustic island off the east coast of Malaysia in the South China Sea called Pulau Tioman.

It was here that I did my first dive for my 50th, snorkled with some of the most colourful fish I have ever seen and partied with the locals. This is one place that we will definately come back to.

Pulau Tioman

Ever had a feeling you were missing out on something? ........ Then perhaps you need to experience a VT meeting!! What could be more fun than to meet up for the first time with someone from another part of the world that you have spoken to here on vt. It's called 'instant friends'. Try it!! ....Believe me, you won't be dissapointed.

Here in Australia we host a big VT meet every year. I have had the privilege of hosting the Perth meet in 2007 and helping out with the 2008 Darwin meet and again with the Airlie Beach 2009 meet and again hosting the Margaret River 2013 meet and helping with the 2014 Cairns meet.

Below are links to our big downunder vt meets.

2006 - Melbourne

2007 - Perth

2008 - Darwin Survivor Trip

2008 - Darwin vt Meet

2009 - Whitsunday Wonderland

2012 - Mooloolaba vt Meet

2013 - Margaret River vt Meet

And of course va's are all part and parcel of vt meetings. VA is short for Virtual Attendee - that is a vt'er that would love to be at a vt meet but cannot make it. So they send their pic just like Rich did here in the pic and we carry them around with us and that way they can be included in all the fun.

Check out the fun that we have with va's on the links below :o)

va's dodging crocs top end Australia

va lost down a mine shaft.

va's drink too much in the Whitsundays

va's enjoying Hamilton Island

va's hanging around a railway carriage outback Australia

va and a vt thong story

Unruley va's wine tasting in Perth

va's create havoc amongst the Western Australia Wildflowers

va's drink too much in Margaret River

My VA Adventures Around the World

~~~~~~oo00oo~~~~~~

LATEST PERTH VT MEET FOR STEVEMT

• Intro Updated Mar 15, 2014

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Wonderful homepage! We have some reading to do on your pages!!

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Glad you like it. I use vt to document my travels....bit of a blog I guess you could say :o) It would be good to meet you guys one day. Sounds like you are travel addicts like us. Hugs, Ann.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Ann, One more holiday picture: cdn1.vtourist.com/6/7016859....

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Haha pfft PJ!! I'll add that one to my F1 pix when I stick them up on my KL page lol.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Looking forward to see the pics!

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Yes mate just arrived home now. Had an awesome time. Have so many photos. Stay tuned. :0)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Hello there Ann, hope you are having a fantastic holiday? How was the F1 race, it was too early for me to watch...plus here it's only on pay-tv...

Apr 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Hey mate! So great to hear from you!! :o) the F1 was fantastic! Took some great shots and we have some of Howie as well with is big camera setup lol ;o) We are in India right now....last day. The backwaters here is just stunning!! I have some great shots :o) Can't wait to upload them. Lotsa luv to you and Howie sends big cuddles too xx

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo
      Apr 8, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Hi there Birgit, are you now in Australia? Please email us and perhaps we can get together...today's date is: 8 April 2014. Thank you.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Hi Anne - are you having a fantastic time in Kerala!? on my wishlist to get there one day, all the photos ive seen it looks like a really beautiful place to spend some time exploring! ongoing safe travels and loads of great pics! x

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM

OMG mate... it is awesome! :o) Last night here and we have enjoyed a lovely thunderstorm. Managed to capture a pic. But the backwaters were an absolute highlight. I have some great photos... so stay tuned :o) Thanks mate for thinking about us and hopefully I might be able to meet you finally in Cairns! Hugs xx

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2014 at 6:54 AM

thank you for accepting me in yr VT circle.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Absolutely mate. We are in kerala india right now. Nice holiday.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Have fun!!!!

• Arial_27's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Beautiful home page. I absolutely loved Perth when I had the fortune of living there for 3 months. What a great city you live in! I have yet to go to a VT meet but hopefully some day.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Oh WoW! Thank you Arial for your nice comments :o) Nice to meet you. Well you need to get yourself to a vt meet mate! You can't beat them haha :o) Hugs, Ann.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Hi Ann, thanks for viewing some of my videos! Very cooool picture of downtown Zurich!!!!

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Yes I have been playing around a bit of late with a new little addon I bought for photoshop called Topaz Labs. Been HDRing lots of pics haha :o) Hugs xx

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Congratulations Ann, for having your photo represent one of the Top Ten Beaches!! Beautiful!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
aussirose's Profile Photo

aussirose

“Latest Photo shoot - Macro. Pink Roses and Bee.”

Real Name