"G'DAY FROM DOWNUNDER" aussirose's Profile

BIG EURO MEET MAY 2015 IS ON!! HERE I AM ALONG WITH TRESHI, HUNTERV AND LYNNE WITH OUR HOST JO104 - ALL READY TO ENGAGE IN SOME FUN COUPLED WITH A FEW BEERS AND WINES TO LOOSEN US UP.... LOL.

STAY TUNED FOR THE LATEST ACTION. THANKS JO!!

I WELCOME ALL PHOTOS OF YOU AND ME GETTING UP TO NO GOOD!!!..... SEE MY PPP?.... THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME IDEAS... LOL.XX

AND TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE GOING.... HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!! AND REMEMBER THAT VALENTINA AND THOSE HELPERS THAT HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME ORGANISING THIS NEED TO BE SUPPORTED AND ENCOURAGED. THEY DO AN AMAZING JOB!

HAVE FUN!! :O)

NEXT BIG DOWNDER MEET - 7 OCTOBER 2016 - SYDNEY
Sydney 2016

FOLLOWED BY 'FIRST EVER' VT CRUISE - 12 OCTOBER 2016 - SYDNEY TO THE ISLANDS OF NOUMEA, IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC.
VT Cruise from Sydney 2016

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

Hi. I'm Ann. Welcome to my humble pages :o)

I've been on vt since April 2001 and have seen a lot of changes.

VT is one of those sites that gives you a warm welcome and then you get addicted. Some leave... but come back...and the reason why is because this site if full of nice people with same values who want to see the world... who want to chat with the locals, who want to meet others with the same interests and enjoy each others company.
VT is not like other social web sites that are not moderated... that allow other members to conductive mischievous gossip and vindictive behaviour.
That is why vt stands out from the crowd of other web sites designed for travel & social stuff.

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

What's new?... Well I am enjoying right now playing with photos in Photoshop Elements as you can see from my lastest photos in No.6 travelogue below. These are free on-line images merged using layers in photoshop.

So what else is happening?.... Hubby, 15yro son Jesse and I are going to Hong Kong, Vancouver, Rockies, New Orleans, Smokies, Savannah, Orlando and Belize in October 2015. Can't wait! We have meets planned in Vancouver and Orlando. Come join us if you can! :o)

10 OCT 2015 - VANCOUVER MINI PHOTO SHOOT MEET

28 OCT 2015 - ORLANDO - MULTI NATIONAL MEET ORGANISED BY THETRAVELSLUT

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

I'm always changing my home page with the latest stuff.... so please come back and visit from time to time and leave me a little comment.
Cheers,
Ann.

~~~~~~~o00o~~~~~~~

Well Thank you for visiting my humble pages.

A little bit about aussirose.

I was born and raised in Brisbane, hubby Howie in Sydney. We have 4 lovely children and a grandson. We are fortunate enough to have lived in quite a few places in Australia and as such our children have experienced more than the average Australian kid which has given them a well balanced foundation to build on in life.

I joined vt as I was planning a big Europe trip. That trip now has been and gone with loads of awesome memories. See my travelogue below.

Next big trip is 2015. This time to western Canada and the southern states of the USA and I'm thinking maybe Belize.

As most of you already know by now, I love the simple things in life....and you can't get much more simple than enjoying a fabulous sunset with a few glasses of wine and a smorgasboard of cheese, crackers, dip, fresh bread, peppery olive oil, olives etc.... Living within a leasurely 10 minutes walk to the beach, we are spoilt in this regard :o)

And don't forget, if you are passing through, please flick me a quick email and let me know so I can help you plan the best places to see in Australia.

Cya round vt!!!!
Cheers,
Ann :o)

Besides sunsets and learning more about the beautiful places in the world. I love bbq's and picnics. Beaches are my passion and I daydream a lot :o)
I love music too, just about anything,....well except opera haha. Music is a mood thing and usually I love to hear lively dance stuff, especially when I'm doing boring housework lol.
When I find the time I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles too.

Awesome Beach Pix

I nearly forgot,..... besides beaches and sunsets, I love tropical flowers. Hibiscus are my favourite, with frangipani close second. Somehow, I didn't think the nic Aussibiscus sounded right?!! lol - so that's why I became Aussirose.... Anyway, I do love the scent of deep red roses,....mmmmm :o)

Did you know that Western Australia is famous for it's wild flowers? Late August to early October is the best time to be here for this spectacular display!! Check it out for yourself here -

Western Australia Wildflowers

After recently having been converted to the world of DSLR photography - I bought my first big camera - a Canon 60D DSLR.

Here is where I will display my latest favourite photos. In 2013, having started with an early morning shot of dead trees in a lake and the whole tungston blue milky water effect, I was keen to get a better shot.

2014 - You can see my favourite shot in the Travelogue below.... but here I will feature a strawberry drop in wine glass photo. Like it?...

Then click here and follow my Favourite Canon 60D Pix

Planning our Big Europe and Morocco trip was the reason I joined vt in 2001. Ten years later in 2011 we realised that dream. The memories of which are recorded here on vt as not only my travel blog, but as a treasure for our family and hopefully some tips for you if you are planning to do something similar.

If you haven't read any of my pages, then I suggest you start here. I am proud of what I have written and the pictures I have taken and the funny stories as well. My writing style is storylike. I am not a cut and paste statistics off the web kind of person and I do not believe my pages are boring. I fact the opposite. I write my feelings about the place - each place has something going for it. Also a ton of funny aussirose stories thrown in to keep your interest ;o)

So grab a drink or 3 and a few snax and click this link -

Big Europe Trip 2011 by aussirose

2014 we visited Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the 4th time. We have been getting our teeth fixed in KL because it's cheaper than Australia.

Whilst our implants were being made this time we decided to take a side trip to India for our 1st time.

India was amazing! We didn't do the usual Taj Mahal and all that real touristy stuff. Instead I found this interesting place called the "backwaters". It was just fantastic!! Pictured here is a unique houseboat in backwaters of Kumarakom in the State of Kerala India.

2014 - aussirose First Trip to India

Ever had a feeling you were missing out on something? ........ Then perhaps you need to experience a VT meeting!! What could be more fun than to meet up for the first time with someone from another part of the world that you have spoken to here on vt.

Here in Australia we host a big VT meet every year. I have had the privilege of hosting the Perth meet in 2007, helping out with the 2008 Darwin meet, 2009 Airlie Beach meet, hosted the 2013 Margaret River meet, helped with the 2014 Cairns meet and now currently organising the Big 2016 Sydney meet.

2006 - Melbourne

2007 - Perth

2008 - Darwin Survivor Trip

2008 - Darwin vt Meet

2009 - Whitsunday Wonderland

2012 - Mooloolaba vt Meet

2013 - Margaret River vt Meet

2014 - Cairns vt Meet

And of course va's are all part and parcel of vt meetings. VA is short for Virtual Attendee - that is a vt'er that would love to be at a vt meet but cannot make it for real. So they send their pic carry them around with us.
VA's are renowned for causing havoc and chaos so be prepared if you wish to have one and twice as prepared if you wish to be one ;o)

Check out the fun that we have with va's on the links below :o)

va's dodging crocs top end Australia

va lost down a mine shaft.

va's drink too much in the Whitsundays

va's enjoying Hamilton Island

va's hanging around a railway carriage outback Australia

va and a vt thong story

Unruley va's wine tasting in Perth

va's create havoc amongst the Western Australia Wildflowers

va's drink too much in Margaret River

va's vy between a horny bull and a buckin' horse in Mareeba QLD

va's and a Cook and Ball story in Cooktown QLD

My VA Adventures Around the World

~~~~~~oo00oo~~~~~~

• Intro Updated May 21, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
aussirose's Profile Photo

aussirose

“Aussirose wants to share another KWAK at Euro 2015. Any Takers?... ”

Real Name