"Iceland - in winter!" Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region by tvdm
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,550 reviews and 4,068 photos
Going there for the fourth time must be a good sign! Once I was on my merry way back in early 2004 to taste the the delights of Reykjavík, there was little persuasion necessary: I'd definitely drop by again. And so I did, a few month later. This time I was there with a friend for a weekend. There wasn't an awful lot of sightseeing on the schedule, more eating and drinking but who cares? The nightlife is one of the things this city is famed for and that was the main purpose of the trip! Finally, a stop-over on the way to the States in 2006 gave me another opportunity to quickly drop by and in January 2007, I'll was there for another great weekend!
On this page you'll find an overview of many delights Reykjavík and the surrounding countryside have to offer. It deffo ensures you won't be bored, just make sure you're there for a weekend, as you don't want to miss the riot that are the young Reykjavíkurs on a Saturday night! The next day, visit the harbour for a refreshing start of the new week and ponder about what café to visit next for another pot of delish coffee. Hmm, I already feel like going back again for a while!
To give a bit more background info: Iceland had always been on top of my to-go list. Because of time and money restrictions, things had been pushed back all the time, but ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated with that steaming corner in the cold North Atlantic.
January 2004 was to be the first time: in pursuit of some polar darkness I sampled some of Reykjavík's quirky nightlife and cured my hangover in a bubbling pool - not with aurora borealis overhead, but I guess we couldn't have it all. Nonetheless, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and managed to have a great long weekend away near the Arctic!
In October 2004 I went again, purely to hang out and let loose in Reykjavík for a weekend. Again it was great, and this time I did spot the Northern Lights! Who said things couldn't get any better? :-) Well, they could.
After a short transfer in May 2006 I finally managed to get a group together and flew over again in January 2007. This one was basically a rerun of the very first trip PLUS some of the most beautiful winter weater one could wish for. You'll find all the details here!
- Pros:Friendly people and nature pure!
- Cons:Very expensive place!
- In a nutshell:Worth every penny, but save a lot of them!
Here you can see that Iceland is the closest part of Europe when it comes to Americanisation: this small town has two... more travel advice
Very funny little bar off Laugavegur! Don't let the tropical decorations on the outside fool you: it's a normal bar... more travel advice
- See All Svarta Kaffid
- See All Salvation Army Guesthouse
- Brace yourself against the weather!
- See All The winter sun
tvdm's Related Pages
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iceland - in winter!"
- "Reykjavik 101"
- "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- "Reykjavik - wonderland :)"
- "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík Region
- Hotels in Reykjavík Region
- Transportation in Reykjavík Region
- Nightlife in Reykjavík Region
- Restaurants in Reykjavík Region
- Shopping in Reykjavík Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region
- 46 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Reykjavík Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík Region
Photos in Reykjavík RegionSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 46 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 55 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Top Reykjavík Region hotels
- Reykjavík Hotels
- 892 Reviews - 2991 Photos