"My original home town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch by tvdm
Den Bosch Travel Guide: 191 reviews and 490 photos
This is my birthplace and I grew up just outside this old city, before I moved away to Breda and beyond.
In my opinion, Den Bosch is an undiscovered gem! It's teeming with visitors during the annual Carnaval festivities and throughout the year people from all around the area flock here to shop, eat and drink. However, those are mainly locals and foreign visitors are still rare. Quite strange, as the city is easily accesible by car and train, conveniently placed between Amsterdam, Brussels and the Ruhr area. Its cathedral is the largest and most opulent of the country, its canals are unique because they're built over and the many medieval buildings house a plethora of boutiques, bars and restaurants. You'd want to spend a few days here to fully appreciate all that this place has to offer, even though the city centre is small enough to walk everywhere!
Just to clarify: both Den Bosch and 's-Hertogenbosch are correct names for the same city, although the latter is the official name but harder to pronounce and all the locals call it Den Bosch anyway! The French and Germans have their own versions: Bois-le-Duc and Herzogenbusch, respectively. But don't worry about them: they're quite archaic and in the end "Den Bosch" just happens to be more pleasing on everyone's vocal cords :-)
I know museums aren't everyone's cup of tea, and the provincial museum of Noord-Brabant surely isn't the Louvre, but... more travel advice
Grand Café during the day, where you can relax and sip coffee, until it's transformed into a party place. Silva has been... more travel advice
tvdm's Related Pages
Den Bosch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Den Bosch"
- "So old, so beautiful"
- "Den Bosch or 's-Hertogenbosch"
- "My original home town!"
- "'s-Hertogenbosch: capital of Noord-Brabant"
- "Den Bosch"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Den Bosch
- Hotels in Den Bosch
- Transportation in Den Bosch
- Nightlife in Den Bosch
- Restaurants in Den Bosch
- Shopping in Den Bosch
- Warnings and Dangers in Den Bosch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Den Bosch
- 13 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Den Bosch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Den Bosch
Photos in Den BoschSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 46 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 55 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue