"tvdm's Kool Kerry and Killarney page" Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney by tvdm
Killarney Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 629 photos
Ahhh, Kerry the Kingdom...
Well, during spring and summer, Killarney is the seething tourist cauldron that every true traveller dreads. However, outside these busy months, there's lots of cool craic going on as well and the often rainy weather only adds to the atmosphere. In the immediate vicinity, you find beautiful Killarney National Park and gorgeous peninsulas like Beara, Iveragh and Dingle.
If it's the mystical Ireland you're after, the commercialised aspect of Kerry (and indeed the entire country) might disappoint you. But then, when you're here outside the big tourist season, there's still plenty of space for lonely walks amid gloomy spells of rain in hauntingly beautiful vales.
In other words: it's The Island of Legends at its best!
- Pros:The most diverse and beautiful corner of Ireland!
- Cons:Tends to be a tad wet...
- In a nutshell:If you miss it, you haven't been to Ireland!
The Danny Mann Inn is deffo a tourist haunt, but the food is good and this pub has some of the best live music sessions... more travel advice
This small but very picturesque waterfall is usually teeming with busloads of tourists. But if you're here early of late... more travel advice
tvdm's Related Pages
Killarney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's More to Killarney Than Lakes"
- "The Emerald Isle"
- "tvdm's Kool Kerry and Killarney page"
- "Killarney and the Ring of Kerry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Killarney
- Hotels in Killarney
- Transportation in Killarney
- Nightlife in Killarney
- Restaurants in Killarney
- Shopping in Killarney
- Warnings and Dangers in Killarney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Killarney
- 18 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Killarney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killarney
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 46 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 55 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue