"Welcome to my world!" tvdm's Profile
After a few years of being a member of VT, I must say I've met quite a few interesting people, saw various different countries and learned new things. It's a great medium to get to know the world and its colourful inhabitants!
The picture above was taken on one of my favorite places on this planet. It shows me in the middle, my brother and his girlfriend (now his wife) and was taken on the Dingle peninsula, in the far southwest of Ireland. Positively one of the most picturesque sites on the globe and certainly one of the friendliest!
The pictures in the info box featured many snapshots from previous trips. Like the blurry haze of Hong Kong neon lights, Roman ruins, the Sydney harbour or New Zealand nature. Now, it's just a happy moment recently spent on an Amsterdam roof terrace :-)
This one next to here features me at the Roman Forum and the Colosseum in the background. It's just one of those places that I totally fell in love with. I guess that happens to me quite a lot and with the most diverse type of destinations...
Anyway, on this humble page you find some info about my journeys and work abroad. Born among the windmills and tulips of the prim and proper Netherlands, I decided to leave my Dutch roots for a little while and search for Celtic ones. I moved to Ireland and started working for an airline. Like most people who move abroad for a while, I had my mind fixed on being back soon.
But after more than 5 years, life still found me and my mates hanging around in the Dublin pubs (see pic...) and constantly planning trips from this little green corner of Europe. All in all it's not a bad place to be, and I think my Dublin and Ireland pages are a testimony to how much I enjoyed living here. Visit these pages for more info if you like!
Then again, after so many years I started getting the moving-jeebs again and that's why I've moved to Amsterdam (ahhh, the canals...) in early 2005. Be sure to drop by on that soon-to-come VT page!
Although I haven't been active on the VT site for a while, you may still find my tips and comments useful. Yet if you have any comments, tips or questions, don't hesitate to send me a message. Meanwhile, keep on seizing the day!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 479 Reviews
- 718 Photos
- 23 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- tvdm and mesoblonda are now friends.
- updated a Dublin Travel Page "tvdm's Doables on Dirty but Dazzling Dublin!"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Block VT from search engine..."
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my world!"
- Commented on egyptianhunk's profile page
- Wrote a Review Gothic glory about St Vitus's Cathedral in Prague Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gothic glory"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 46 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 55 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue