"School Daze..." Bristol by sarabee

Bristol Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 96 photos

I went to college in Bristol, Rhode Island, at Roger Williams University. Probably the most fun time of my life...
Bristol is such a gorgeous town, located on the water, halfway between Newport and Providence. Downtown Bristol is the site of the oldest Fourth of July Parade in the country, at least 250,000 people come from all over the world each year to be a part of it. People show up a day or two in advance to stake their piece of space on the parade route, but in recent years, the Bristol cops have cracked down on this. No one can rope off a space until 7 am on the day of the parade. As you can imagine, the die-hards were not pleased with this development. We usually found a friend with a house on the parade route and sat on their lawn for early morning Kegs and Eggs...makes me kind of queasy now.
I'm sure you'll notice that the majority of my tips are on the nightlife in Bristol. Remember...I was a college student. We didn't do anything else!

• Intro Written Jan 3, 2002

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 4:22 PM

Hello again. Back for another visit to beautiful Bristol. You were very lucky to go to school there. I'm waiting for sunny days and a swing through the waterfront.

sarabee

“I'm ready to go....”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Bristol

Have you been to Bristol?

Latest Activity in Bristol