"School Daze..." Bristol by sarabee
Bristol Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 96 photos
I went to college in Bristol, Rhode Island, at Roger Williams University. Probably the most fun time of my life...
Bristol is such a gorgeous town, located on the water, halfway between Newport and Providence. Downtown Bristol is the site of the oldest Fourth of July Parade in the country, at least 250,000 people come from all over the world each year to be a part of it. People show up a day or two in advance to stake their piece of space on the parade route, but in recent years, the Bristol cops have cracked down on this. No one can rope off a space until 7 am on the day of the parade. As you can imagine, the die-hards were not pleased with this development. We usually found a friend with a house on the parade route and sat on their lawn for early morning Kegs and Eggs...makes me kind of queasy now.
I'm sure you'll notice that the majority of my tips are on the nightlife in Bristol. Remember...I was a college student. We didn't do anything else!
sarabee's Related Pages
Bristol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bristol ~ by the Bay"
- "Bristol, RI"
- "School Daze..."
- "Bristol, Rhode Island"
- "~ Bristol, R.I. ~"
- "Life... done slowly... in Who-Ville"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bristol
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Bristol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bristol
Photos in BristolSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Providence Intro, 19 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newport Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naples Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Boulder Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bristol Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
Latest Bristol hotel reviews
- William's Grant Inn
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013