The Bahamas Local Custom Tips by evebeals
The Bahamas Local Customs: 18 reviews and 8 photos
Having long blond hair I probably got more notice from the locals who will offer to braid your hair, but this is quite common. Though I did not have it done, I did see some tourists with their hair braided and they do a good job. I am unsure of how much they charge, since they are clearly looking for tourists who have extra money to spend.
This may sound like a stereotype, but it is quite true that many of the people you meet in the Bahamas who live there are very laid-back and relaxed, and take their time getting things done, so don't expect things to get accomplished quickly. That is why this is a great vacation place for rest and relaxation!
More Reviews (6)
evebeals' Related Pages
The Bahamas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Time"
- "Freeport & Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island"
- "Cruise Trip to the Bahama Island"
- "Grand Bahama Island"
- "The Bahamas - When you think of Paradise"
- "The Bahamas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in The Bahamas
- Hotels in The Bahamas
- Transportation in The Bahamas
- Nightlife in The Bahamas
- Restaurants in The Bahamas
- Shopping in The Bahamas
- Warnings and Dangers in The Bahamas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in The Bahamas
- 8 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to The Bahamas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in The Bahamas
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (4)
No friends yet.
- Dive, Snorkel- 23 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Nassau- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Grand Bahama- 21 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Blue Lagoon- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Water & Beach- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Paradise Is.- 17 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Out Islands- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Fish, Boat- 5 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Cruise Ships- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Misc. Photos- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos