"A Fairy Tale Setting" Top 5 Page for this destination Beynac-et-Cazenac by Radiomom
Beynac-et-Cazenac Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 151 photos
We had four nights to "play" with..that weren't pre-planned before we left. After a night in Carcassonne, we headed to the Dordogne and found ourselves in the lovely town of Beynac. We stayed for two nights, and decided we will be back again. There is so much to do in this area, and it is like stepping into a book of fairy tales. You can visit prehistoric caves...take a canoe trip...hike up to visit XII century chateaus...visit Sarlat or Domme on market day...find beautiful little hamlets with parks for picnics...sample fois gras and local wine. Many of the little houses on the cobblestone street that winds up to the chateau at the top, are for rent by the week or month. hmmmmm. They didn't look to be too expensive, either...
Right on the river, this was the scene for parts of the movie "Chocolat." The road runs along the river, but you can also spend a nice afternoon on one of the boats which will take you past four of the chateaus that are perched along the Dordogne: Chateau de Castelnaud across the river from Beynac, Chateau de Beynac (high above the town), Chateau de la Malartrie, and Chateau de Montfort. You can also rent canoes or kayaks.
This is one of my favorite pictures from our entire trip. The view from our hotel over the Dordogne.
A near-by town, Domme, is high and commands extraordinary views of the Dordogne valley. We headed there in the morning... more travel advice
This restaurant is located in a hotel in the town La Roque Gageac...just down the road from Beynac. I think I had the... more travel advice
Radiomom's Related Pages
Beynac-et-Cazenac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGE OF FRANCE"
- "A Fairy Tale Setting"
- "Stunning area on the Dordogne River"
- "Another Dordogne River-Edge Site"
- "Beynac and its castle"
- "Climb uphill from Beynac-et-Cazenac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beynac-et-Cazenac
- Hotels in Beynac-et-Cazenac
- Restaurants in Beynac-et-Cazenac
- Shopping in Beynac-et-Cazenac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beynac-et-Cazenac
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Beynac-et-Cazenac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beynac-et-Cazenac
Photos in Beynac-et-CazenacSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Italy Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Intro, 8 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Botswana Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bourgogne Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maryland Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue