"Provence is simply Heaven on Earth" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence by Radiomom
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 194 photos
On our first visit, in May 2003, our base was not St Remy, but St Etienne de Gres...just about 10 minutes down that exquisite Highway 99. We'd taken the TGV from Paris to Avignon. Had a distressing time with Hertz over the "upgrade" they wanted to give us...a 6-passenger VAN with no covered space for luggage! But eventually we ended up with a more appropriate car (the extra charge was, afterall, recredited to my AmEx! Thank you e-vacations!) and we followed the intricate directions to our pretty B&B, Presbytere St Thomas. A lovely large room looking out on a rose garden, we unpacked and had a brief rest. The sounds of birds and bees...the sunlight streaming in from the yard...an excellent start to a vacation!
We revisited the area more recently, in October 2006, and spent a night in St Remy, staying at another lovely B&B and dining at one of the places we liked on our first visit.
We had four nights in this heavenly place. It was a perfectly located base to explore Provence...and we happily did! Beautiful little towns...Classy larger towns...History and Romance, just "down the road."
And with a charming town like St Remy, with its delightful restaurants and lovely shops, we had wonderful options when we got back home from our daily adventures.
- Pros:Terrific choice of restaurants in St Remy
This is a beautiful, 18th century chateau with spacious "publilc" rooms, comfortable bedrooms, incredible grounds, and a... more travel advice
Someone told me this is Patricia Wells' favorite restaurant in Provence. I tried for weeks to make a reservation, but... more travel advice
Radiomom's Related Pages
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Remy--A Town Nestled in the Alpilles"
- "Provence is simply Heaven on Earth"
- "The Ancient City of Glanum Was Here"
- "Charming Town In The Foothills of Alpilles"
- "Saint Rémy de Provence"
- "St. Remy has history . . . and tourists"
- "A nice base for visiting Provence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Hotels in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Transportation in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Restaurants in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Shopping in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- 8 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Saint-Rémy-de-Provence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
Photos in Saint-Rémy-de-ProvenceSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Italy Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Intro, 8 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Botswana Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bourgogne Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maryland Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Saint-Rémy-de-Provence hotel reviews
- Hostellerie du Vallon de Valrugues
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Chateau de Roussan
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Gounod Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Domaine de Valmouriane
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 22, 2011
- Sous les Figuiers
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- La Villa Glanum
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel l'Amandiere
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013