"Everchanging Points of View" Radiomom's Profile
Been a while since I've checked in here...we are in the planning stages for another trip to Africa this fall. Flying in to JNB, a night at a guest house , then flying off to Victoria Falls for 2 nights at Ilala. Then the "real" safari starts - 3 nights up the Zambezi River at Imbabala, and then 4 nights at Davison's Camp in Hwange National Park. They we'll fly back to Vic Falls to catch the flight back to JNB. From there we plan to travel back to Cape Town and visit friends, plus tour around areas we liked back in '04 and some we didn't make it two. We'll have nearly 10 days before we will fly back home again.
The photo up top....Our 2008 Trip was nearly 3 weeks long, covering 3000+ miles in our rental car, and took us to most of the extraordinary National Parks in the Four Corners area of the Western United States. We flew in and out of Phoenix, AZ and visited Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks, Boulder UT, Mesa Verde, took the "Million Dollar Skyway" which runs from Cortez to Durango, CO and spent the night in Silverton, CO; we also visited Capitol Reef National Park, Taos NM, Chaco Canyon National Park, Bandelier, Los Alamos NM and Santa Fe.
This is where I plan our trips. Very convenient!
We took a marvelous tour of China in 2007. May was an excellent time to go. China is growing faster and faster and changing quickly. Instead of our usual independent trips, we opted to go with a tour -- China Spree (www.chinaspree.com) as the deals are simply too good to pass up. It was a leap of faith, as independent travellers we'd always shied away from organized tours, but this turned out wonderfully. I'll be building China pages, so keep tuned!
...spanning September and October 2006. Well, actually we only had the car for a month, but we took the opportunity to visit some places we'd yet to see in France as well as our first foray into Spain. I also discovered the Curse of the 1Gig Sandisk, as I came back with over 3000 photos. It has taken a long time to winnow them down for various sharing purposes, and I've only got pages on some of them....when I've now started to plan for a NEW trip!
Where we went:
The Loire Valley
Dordogne and the Lot
St Jean de Luz (FR)
(on to Spain) Pamplona, San Sebastian, Vitoria, Laguardia, Leiketio, Bermeo and Bilbao
Tarragona and Zaragosa
Collioure (back in FR)
And a return to Paris (fourth time!)
One of the joys of being retired and living in the Research Triangle is the opportunity to be involved in fabulous groups like this one. This Spring I'm involved with the most professional (although it is a non-profit volunteer community theater group) and extraordinary musical theater experience
I had a link to YouTube here, but it was only one show -- if you want to see more, search on YouTube for Durham Savoyards and you should get peeks at recent productions of Pinafore and Yeoman of the Guards. Do not expect a reserved Gilbert & Sullivan performance, recreating turn of the century manners, be they somewhat satirical. Our Director goes for the unique and for wooing audiences who might never consider anything remotely connected with the term "Opera" or "Operetta."
This picture is from the scene in Pinafore where Ralph (pronounced Rafe BTW) threatens to do himself in...
If you'll view the video clip, you'll note that this show is staged in sort of a circus/cirque theme. (Not your usual Gilbert & Sullivan, for sure!)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 287 Reviews
- 602 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Radiomom and Hexepatty are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Everchanging Points of View"
- Wrote a Review Durham Savoyards in Durham Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Durham Savoyards"
- updated a Durham Travel Page "My Home Town"
- Commented on olddude's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Generation Kill"
PhotosSee All Photos (602)
Top 10 Pages
- Italy Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Intro, 8 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Botswana Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bourgogne Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maryland Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos